The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with The Hero Clan

+6
Night
Beastly
KyogreF4N
Lasen
Mononokel
Photoshop
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Problems with The Hero Clan Empty Problems with The Hero Clan

Post by Photoshop Wed 17 Sep 2014, 13:25

Hi,

I had tried to make a video about this but it didn't work out. I feel as though there was nobody to bring up counter arguments or points that I probably don't know about since I am not in Pokemon Online in the Hero channel. That being said I still wanted to address the current issue:

When I started playing for Hero I wanted to become competitive. Later on I realized we had a lot of strong players and it would probably be a good idea to put this clan in the market as a clan of strong and respectful fighters rather than the faggots living in basements impression Quicksilver demonstrated. That being said the clan had moved forward and even became a really strong name around the community. But there were always a few problems; mostly in the form on motivation. Aside from myself at the time there weren't as many people who were pushing the clan to greater heights. This is in form of being active in the community, laddering at a strong competitive level, and also willing to speak to others about recruitment and potential clan wars. There were also players who slowed the clan down by stating that they were once good in the clan and yet now they just aren't as good as they were. Should we feel bad for them and just let them join anyway or should be shun them down since this is a clan pushing for high level competition? This was the question I faced many times when I was part of the clan.

It wasn't a bad thing for people to have a good time in the clan but I always hoped for more out of them. I didn't make much of it until I implemented Hero Excalibur and completely flushed bad players out in efforts to trying to maintain stronger players in the clan. People didn't like it at first but at the end of the day it worked. When I left and I gave my position to Nick I felt as though the clan potentially is ready to move on without the older players like myself and was ready to bring new players and repeat the cycle over each year. But there was also a sense of reluctance since every year Hero has suffered a roller coaster effect where players leave for school and end up coming back strong during the winter. I wasn't sure people ere going to come in the winter but they did and it was a great year. Just no the forum statistics alone, Hero did absolutely well this year then it did last year! So now you might think that the same process might happen again this year... But I don't think so...

Lately a lot more hardcore players have been leaving for good with no sign of ever returning. Naturally it's fine because old players should be allowed to leave as their time is basically up. But there are less and less people joining the clan who are willing to motivate and push the clan to new heights. Yes we have strong members now like Daybreak and Trickroom but we also lost them like Kyogre and Tape. I'll also be completely honest; if Afro Smash leaves Hero, I think Hero will be in the worst position it had ever been. Why is Afro Smash a big deal? Because not only is a old player but he has been a strong player and someone who has been a great representation of the clan. Hero needs to focus on not just recruiting new members in Smogon to push the way for the future of Hero. Players need to be more active in the ladder and stop saying that they hit top 10's when they haven't done it in the last month. Honestly it's only relevant if you can prove it. And remember, "the old generation can't build the new era." Hero needs new members who are strong to continue the legacy.

The second thing is the clan wars. People need to stop chickening out/playing like trash. If you say you'll be here for a clan war by you saying it or by the leader inviting you, then you be there. People should not join the clan war if they haven't been relatively high on the ladder. This just screams that the clan will fail considering the other players are going to be probably good. The other thing is accept any clan war. Back when Hero fought TR I had mentioned that they should play someone in between even though it's not a strong clan. Why? Because it's good practice and it pulls those players who are looking for a clan to get competitive in. But no, not only did Hero wait a month for the clan war but they lost. They let someone else circle jerk the clan to do what they wanted AND THEN they just beat them. Mind you I understand that there was hax, but if a hax clause was involved in one way or another then it wasn't because of hax completely. It's probably because the players in Hero played like trash. There needs to be a higher consistency of strong players willing to play for the sake of bringing the name of Hero to higher grounds.

Lastly are the elections and the leader. Currently the channel authorization has been cleaned up but I want to say that the democracy system for the elections is not good anymore. At the time I made the election system, I wanted to make leaders a higher voting right than others simply because I would ensure that the leader knows whats best for the clan since hes the best representation of Hero. So upon voting, moderators have one point, admins have two points, co-leaders three and leaders four. Seph was the one to ensure a democracy system for everyone on auth to voice their opinions but it's just become a popularity contest. People need roles in the cauth and actually have to follow through with it. Secondly, I wanted to discuss was the leader. I don't know if Lasen knew this or not but when three months are up, the leader is to ensure the position of his leadership to his co-leader. I understand that before we tried to push players in admin positions to be voted by everyone to ensure a good leader would rise. But that's not necessary anymore as I believe the leader should have the right to pick his heir and has the best judgment in the clan to select the one he feels should be pushed as the leader. After two months though, the leader should pick his heir as co-leader and then shift when it is time to resign. That leader is then pushed down if he chooses to stay in the clan as an admin and the cycle continues. If this person is said to be leader this person needs to motivate the clan to new actions by informing everyone of new things coming up and also being a strong representation of it. You can't have a leader who doesn't top the ladder and who is not vocal. That defeats the purpose of leading when someone else can do it better than you can. Currently I feel like as the only example I have, Lasen isn't doing that. Granted he has been going through tough times right now but in the past months he has been leader he hasn't been that great of a leader. There is just so much more he can be doing as the leader that he's not doing. That's the nicest way I'll put it.

If Hero does not fill the gaps of it's missing players by recruiting new players, then consider plan B. A place where Hero is just a community of players similar to how DRAZO was. But what about the forums you might ask? Open the flood gates. But what about our secrets? It wont be a secret anymore to the public, it will be like a museum. People can come in and see how glorious it once was until it went completely down for good. I'm okay with this as well because Hero has lived strong but it might time for it to go. This is also an option of no return. Winter is coming and Hero must be prepared.

I wanted a Skype call but people are busy so let's put the conversation here.
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Problems with The Hero Clan Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Problems with The Hero Clan Empty Re: Problems with The Hero Clan

Post by Mononokel Wed 17 Sep 2014, 14:44

I like the Rurouni Kenshin reference Smile

other than that, ya you are right but the problem is a natural one. After growth to power comes stagnation and decline. The problem is that PO in itself is something that (from my experience) most people do when they have lots of free time, therefore there will be periods with higher activity and lower activity. And at some point (at least that was my case) the inactivity period becomes a hindrance to re-enter. For me, I know that at some point I probably will play PO again, but that will require me to learn about 200 new pokemon, the meta, etc which takes TIME. The "old Heroes" (I do include myself here) left school and got into University or whatever everybody does after school, which means less time to dedicate to PO.

I value your effords Photo, but I think unless somebody talentscouts the raw talent on the server and invites them into Hero, the skill decline and player decline will commence. Because the competitive heights Hero had were ones during everybodys period of higher activity. Because of the success, new players became interested in joining Hero as well. This ultimately means that as soon as there are less competitive players under the name of Hero, less players will join, too, increasing the decay in competitive "Spirit".

Idk if you get what I want to say because my phrasing is really bad, but ultimately i want to say it was bound to happen from the start, History repeats itself, and I still enjoy reading the Forums even though it has been almost a year since I stopped playing.

greetings Smile
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Wed 17 Sep 2014, 15:03

(fuck my grammar, fuck my syntax, fuck my everything, I am too tired when writing this but I felt like I wouldn't get another good chance to write, so here goes nothing)
I am going to first adress what I believe is directed towards me.
The election system: I have asked time and time again for people to vote for who they think would be good in the positon they will be given/if they are worthy of being demoted, but favourites have still been played. So I think implementing the system that Photoshop suggested would be a very well placed idea. Now I have to explain why I stayed the leader of this clan for this long. I asked Maple Syrup about what a leader is supposed to do and how the system works since I had been gone for quite a long time, and his instructions were quite.. unclear. He just gave me general instructions, without telling me I should pass it to my co-leader when I was done. So I just worked by hunch for a long-ish time. I was aware I shoud have passed my position a while back, but I remembered Afro Smash's case, of him being co-leader but not wanting to become the leader. I also didn't want to pass it to someone who would be dead, e.g Hunat pretty much never being online on PO. I also didn't want to pass it to someone incompetent. I know this is a harsh word but it's the best way I can describe it. What I mean is that the admins have barely been active as far as the clan goes. Sure, some people have been laddering high, others have been helpful members of the [Hero] community. But not a single one of them has had all of these values at once. Alan does, but as I said above, he won't take the positon unless absolutely necessary. I asked around slyly, to see if people would be willing to take my position, getting the same reply back all the time: being the leader of [Hero] is far too great of a responsibility. So the plot thickens.
I have said time and time again that I should NOT be the leader of [Hero]. People have boosting my ego for way too long, to the point of me thinking I am doing an amazing job. I know it seems like I am barely doing anything, considering most people don't see my work being done. But, I have been trying to organise clan wars FOREVER and other clans have been unable to co-operate with me. Let's take for example 2 well known clans in the PO community, IMP and HC. IMP has players for OU and Ubers, so asking them to a clan war was Adam telling me they can only play OU and Ubers. At first I thought it would be a good warm-up, only to be completely shut down by him asking only XY. Which brings me to the next clan, HC. The only person that I could have an even remotely sane conversation with is ! HC ! Chainy. As I was discussing a possible clan war, he brought up the fact his members are banned for a long time and thus we have to wait for them to come back, since they are "his crème de la crème" and he wants to face our best with his best. So I made a smart suggestion by asking him if we could play on Showdown. Turns out, Rake and friends are banned from Showdown as well. Smaller clans have been asked, like OG, but they say we are too big for them and they are scared. So there goes that.
As far as the shit I have been doing that many people don't see: I have been doing PR, aka talking to people from other clans, often clan leaders, whether that was because they were asking for my help/guidance, or because I straight up wanted to have good relationships with people. As it seems, people still take Hero as something far too big for a common player to get into. We still have good street rep, but after the TR loss we certainly lost a large audience/crowd/idfk how to put it. There is also a channel named "! 0", which is an unofficial channel that mixes many things. It hosts tournaments, hangman and is always a lively place where you can discuss anything with anyone. What peaked my interest though is the fact they host "Clan tournaments" dubbed CCC(Castle Clan Championship if I recall correctly.), where they announce a tier and a date, and each clan can get 4 members to represent it. The winner gets bragging rights and high street rep. Their tournaments are run swiftly and the tier is decided by the majority of the people willing to play. I have been joining them to enlarge the name of our clan, even if it's just by a little bit. I also made sure Hero joined all CCCs so far, except for the 1st one, which occured when their channel was still growing.
I was also feeling what Photoshop was feeling, meaning some people were just chilling, never playing unless they were testing a team or it was vs their friends, so I asked them to git gud. In less than 2 weeks, the [Hero] tag was in quite a few places in the 1st page of tiers like OU, UU and NU. I did this in other cases with specific players, asking them to have something related to [Hero] while laddering, whether that was in their TI, their win/loss/draw messages or by using the tag. Which to me was a step forward. However, we took 2 steps back by never laddering as a whole. I admit I never ladder due to my low self esteem as a battler, so I am sort of yelling to myself right now.
As far as things I would like to see solved; I'd like to see a more lively chat in our channel, since only 2-3 people ever talk in there. I miss the days when I would log-in and the text was too fast for me to read. What's worse is that people are neither laddering or talking, thus making them dead weight. Another thing I would like to see change is activity in tournaments. Remember how we used to have these silly challenges where you had to make a monotype team and get 1400 in LU? I'd like to see these return. Perhaps I'll force my arty friend to make us a couple of badges like Ari used to.
My fear is not that we will become DRAZO, but that we will become Elite. A place that is the ghost of what it used to be, full of people with the potential to do anything they want to, but are too bored to do so. A place that calls itself a clan but doesn't do anything clan-like besides circle jerk. I don't want us to become DRAZO nor Elite, since this forum is the place for so many memories and shit talking, that I don't feel like it would be appropriate for us to just open the flood gates.

These are my 2 cents, I could write more but everything seems gibberish at my current state.
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 17 Sep 2014, 15:04

Mononokel wrote:I like the Rurouni Kenshin reference Smile

other than that, ya you are right but the problem is a natural one. After growth to power comes stagnation and decline. The problem is that PO in itself is something that (from my experience) most people do when they have lots of free time, therefore there will be periods with higher activity and lower activity. And at some point (at least that was my case) the inactivity period becomes a hindrance to re-enter. For me, I know that at some point I probably will play PO again, but that will require me to learn about 200 new pokemon, the meta, etc which takes TIME. The "old Heroes" (I do include myself here) left school and got into University or whatever everybody does after school, which means less time to dedicate to PO.

I value your effords Photo, but I think unless somebody talentscouts the raw talent on the server and invites them into Hero, the skill decline and player decline will commence. Because the competitive heights Hero had were ones during everybodys period of higher activity. Because of the success, new players became interested in joining Hero as well. This ultimately means that as soon as there are less competitive players under the name of Hero, less players will join, too, increasing the decay in competitive "Spirit".

Idk if you get what I want to say because my phrasing is really bad, but ultimately i want to say it was bound to happen from the start, History repeats itself, and I still enjoy reading the Forums even though it has been almost a year since I stopped playing.

greetings Smile

I understand what you're saying.

There is so much required for the clan from the new members but we need to have the old members set the stage just like they have for us in the past. Otherwise nobody who joins would be eager to play in the channel or be motivated to do great things. I ultimately want it to succeed.

If it's just inevitably just going downhill then end it. Leave on a high note and cherish the best moments rather than watching it slowly die.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 17 Sep 2014, 15:35

Lasen wrote:(fuck my grammar, fuck my syntax, fuck my everything, I am too tired when writing this but I felt like I wouldn't get another good chance to write, so here goes nothing)
I am going to first adress what I believe is directed towards me.
The election system: I have asked time and time again for people to vote for who they think would be good in the positon they will be given/if they are worthy of being demoted, but favourites have still been played. So I think implementing the system that Photoshop suggested would be a very well placed idea. Now I have to explain why I stayed the leader of this clan for this long. I asked Maple Syrup about what a leader is supposed to do and how the system works since I had been gone for quite a long time, and his instructions were quite.. unclear. He just gave me general instructions, without telling me I should pass it to my co-leader when I was done. So I just worked by hunch for a long-ish time. I was aware I shoud have passed my position a while back, but I remembered Afro Smash's case, of him being co-leader but not wanting to become the leader. I also didn't want to pass it to someone who would be dead, e.g Hunat pretty much never being online on PO. I also didn't want to pass it to someone incompetent. I know this is a harsh word but it's the best way I can describe it. What I mean is that the admins have barely been active as far as the clan goes. Sure, some people have been laddering high, others have been helpful members of the [Hero] community. But not a single one of them has had all of these values at once. Alan does, but as I said above, he won't take the positon unless absolutely necessary. I asked around slyly, to see if people would be willing to take my position, getting the same reply back all the time: being the leader of [Hero] is far too great of a responsibility. So the plot thickens.

Do not feel as though this was absolutely directed towards you. I am talking to everyone in the channel authorization position. That being said, Nuub hasn't been a good leader. Granted he explained to me that he worked hard at the time he was leader by making different events but that's not enough to lead an entire clan. If anything an admin should be doing the events and he should be working on finding clan wars by speaking to other clan leaders or assembling strategies and groups for when the next clan war comes up. It doesn't help that he hasn't also laddered at a high level either but it is something that defines a role as a leader. Not only that but he should have done what others have in the past like Nick: Define roles for people as admins and moderators so they have something to do under a position of power.

I think that if you couldn't find anyone fitting then there should have been no election to begin with. But I'm sure you didn't know what to do in the current situation so it's understandable.

Lasen wrote:I have said time and time again that I should NOT be the leader of [Hero]. People have boosting my ego for way too long, to the point of me thinking I am doing an amazing job. I know it seems like I am barely doing anything, considering most people don't see my work being done. But, I have been trying to organise clan wars FOREVER and other clans have been unable to co-operate with me. Let's take for example 2 well known clans in the PO community, IMP and HC. IMP has players for OU and Ubers, so asking them to a clan war was Adam telling me they can only play OU and Ubers. At first I thought it would be a good warm-up, only to be completely shut down by him asking only XY. Which brings me to the next clan, HC. The only person that I could have an even remotely sane conversation with is ! HC ! Chainy. As I was discussing a possible clan war, he brought up the fact his members are banned for a long time and thus we have to wait for them to come back, since they are "his crème de la crème" and he wants to face our best with his best. So I made a smart suggestion by asking him if we could play on Showdown. Turns out, Rake and friends are banned from Showdown as well. Smaller clans have been asked, like OG, but they say we are too big for them and they are scared. So there goes that.

Demands like IMP asking for Ubers and OU is not that bad considering they (in my eyes anyway) are a stronger clan than Hero. Considering Hero is full of Uber players and IMP is mostly known for their OU players (sometimes Ubers) I don't see why there wasn't an opportunity to gather the strong OU and Ubers players to fight against IMP. Even if you lose to IMP, you don't really lose because you're trying to take out one of the top clans in Pokemon Online. It's heroic enough to challenge them and knowing our players, it would have been a good war.

When asking lower ranked clans, try to make it an event that will be fun at the end of the day. Fr example when I made the clan war with Eon long ago when I became the leader we already knew we were going to win. But it was fun to play against them and ultimately have a good time. It also demonstrated that there were some players who weren't known started to become well known. That's how I believe Haar and Mononokel were added to the inner circle of Hero.

Lasen wrote:As far as the shit I have been doing that many people don't see: I have been doing PR, aka talking to people from other clans, often clan leaders, whether that was because they were asking for my help/guidance, or because I straight up wanted to have good relationships with people. As it seems, people still take Hero as something far too big for a common player to get into. We still have good street rep, but after the TR loss we certainly lost a large audience/crowd/idfk how to put it. There is also a channel named "! 0", which is an unofficial channel that mixes many things. It hosts tournaments, hangman and is always a lively place where you can discuss anything with anyone. What peaked my interest though is the fact they host "Clan tournaments" dubbed CCC(Castle Clan Championship if I recall correctly.), where they announce a tier and a date, and each clan can get 4 members to represent it. The winner gets bragging rights and high street rep. Their tournaments are run swiftly and the tier is decided by the majority of the people willing to play. I have been joining them to enlarge the name of our clan, even if it's just by a little bit. I also made sure Hero joined all CCCs so far, except for the 1st one, which occured when their channel was still growing.

You might want to decrease the ratings to involve more players and look in other areas like Smogon.

Make these ideas more apparent to players in Hero. These ideas are great but if you don't voice them you won't have people informed to get behind you and support your ideas.

Lasen wrote:I was also feeling what Photoshop was feeling, meaning some people were just chilling, never playing unless they were testing a team or it was vs their friends, so I asked them to git gud. In less than 2 weeks, the [Hero] tag was in quite a few places in the 1st page of tiers like OU, UU and NU. I did this in other cases with specific players, asking them to have something related to [Hero] while laddering, whether that was in their TI, their win/loss/draw messages or by using the tag. Which to me was a step forward. However, we took 2 steps back by never laddering as a whole. I admit I never ladder due to my low self esteem as a battler, so I am sort of yelling to myself right now.
As far as things I would like to see solved; I'd like to see a more lively chat in our channel, since only 2-3 people ever talk in there. I miss the days when I would log-in and the text was too fast for me to read. What's worse is that people are neither laddering or talking, thus making them dead weight. Another thing I would like to see change is activity in tournaments. Remember how we used to have these silly challenges where you had to make a monotype team and get 1400 in LU? I'd like to see these return. Perhaps I'll force my arty friend to make us a couple of badges like Ari used to.
My fear is not that we will become DRAZO, but that we will become Elite. A place that is the ghost of what it used to be, full of people with the potential to do anything they want to, but are too bored to do so. A place that calls itself a clan but doesn't do anything clan-like besides circle jerk. I don't want us to become DRAZO nor Elite, since this forum is the place for so many memories and shit talking, that I don't feel like it would be appropriate for us to just open the flood gates.

These are my 2 cents, I could write more but everything seems gibberish at my current state.

There needs to be a list of players for each tier. Figure out which one is missing from which tier and fill the gaps by making these events. If you are missing RU players then condone an event for people to try to hit the rating.

As long as there are pillars of hope willing to represent the clan Hero will not be going anywhere. However we need to allow more new players to shine for their acts in the clan and encourage them just as we were encouraged in the past. We are all here because we were once nobodies and somebody important in the clan aided us to become stronger players today. We need to do the same thing and push those who have potential.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by KyogreF4N Wed 17 Sep 2014, 17:23

This is quite interesting.

I think the only way for Hero to stay alive is to go to Showdown massively, recruit new ppl and get a fresh start. Otherwise, recruit good people in HiT and train them to become any good, then they'll learn by themselves. I don't see another issue, since if it stays dead as you say Lasen (idk since i never go to PO) Hero will become dead. That's that simple to understand.

I think Daybreak could be a good leader if he has time to, because he has good ideas and he's appreciated by most of Heroes. Afro would obviously be the best choice, but he doesn't want to, that's like this. You say he should be leader only in absolutely necessary cases, but i think it is. Even when i left PO (like 3 weeks ago), the situation was bad. And i don't think it increased in any way.

Btw i played the 1st CCC, and even if i was wearing TR tag i wasn't playing only for them, so you can consider it's a Hero win (because without Hero i wouldn't have become any strong and have won this CCC etc)

KyogreF4N
KyogreF4N
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastly Wed 17 Sep 2014, 18:06

First off I would just want to put something from photos the list of players per tier. We have that as Afro Smash created one but we haven't been updating it at all so its there just not used.

Here we go,
The main thing about hero right now is it is not even close to the strength we had like two years ago with the end of photo's reign and beginning of niick's. IDK what the f**k happened when I was gone but when I came back 2 years later this just wasn't the same clan. I'm not saying change is bad but in this case the changing is going the absolute worst way. If we keep on going like this I wouldn't be surprised if Maples call is about ending hero. Lasen himself said he is not right for leader and If he says it then maybe it is time for a new leader. Maybe it is time to find the possible next Photoshop. Possible new leaders are Afro Smash, Maple, Daybreak, and we can even go into just the regular members.
As photo said Afro Smash is the only reason people even know what hero is anymore. I myself am trying to do some of the stuff Afro smash is doing like being in tournaments but im just one "person" and it doesn't help if no one even knows that I'm even in hero. Plain and simple afro leaves we are fucking murdered. Its not good to have the entire investment of your clan onto one player even if its a super player like Afro Smash. People who are saying we need to recruit at showdown. Does showdown even do clans all I've seen in the form of clans are IDM. I would love to help on anything involving hero such as recruiting members, setting up wars, or just anything as I believe I am probably the most active member because I have no life. This is basically what I need to say for now and I'm going to be saying anything possible during the call because this is the weakest point of hero and possibly the soon to be grave of hero.
Beastly
Beastly
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Wed 17 Sep 2014, 18:50

KyogreF4N wrote:This is quite interesting.

I think the only way for Hero to stay alive is to go to Showdown massively, recruit new ppl and get a fresh start. Otherwise, recruit good people in HiT and train them to become any good, then they'll learn by themselves. I don't see another issue, since if it stays dead as you say Lasen (idk since i never go to PO) Hero will become dead. That's that simple to understand.

I think Daybreak could be a good leader if he has time to, because he has good ideas and he's appreciated by most of Heroes. Afro would obviously be the best choice, but he doesn't want to, that's like this. You say he should be leader only in absolutely necessary cases, but i think it is. Even when i left PO (like 3 weeks ago), the situation was bad. And i don't think it increased in any way.

Btw i played the 1st CCC, and even if i was wearing TR tag i wasn't playing only for them, so you can consider it's a Hero win (because without Hero i wouldn't have become any strong and have won this CCC etc)

Totally agree with ma nigga Kyogre. Showdown is probably the best move we could right now and since Showdown is twice as big as PO, no probs with recruiting good players and it's Browser based so no download cluster fuck( at least for me) and with the growth that we would gain in this change we could probably request a clan channel.
Night
Night
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 17 Sep 2014, 19:01

Beastly wrote:First off I would just want to put something from photos the list of players per tier. We have that as Afro Smash created one but we haven't been updating it at all so its there just not used.

Here we go,
The main thing about hero right now is it is not even close to the strength we had like two years ago with the end of photo's reign and beginning of niick's. IDK what the f**k happened when I was gone but when I came back 2 years later this just wasn't the same clan. I'm not saying change is bad but in this case the changing is going the absolute worst way. If we keep on going like this I wouldn't be surprised if Maples call is about ending hero. Lasen himself said he is not right for leader and If he says it then maybe it is time for a  new leader. Maybe it is time to find the possible next Photoshop. Possible new leaders are Afro Smash, Maple, Daybreak, and we can even go into just the regular members.
As photo said Afro Smash is the only reason people even know what hero is anymore. I myself am trying to do some of the stuff Afro smash is doing like being in tournaments but im just one "person" and it doesn't help if no one even knows that I'm even in hero. Plain and simple afro leaves we are fucking murdered. Its not good to have the entire investment of your clan onto one player even if its a super player like Afro Smash. People who are saying we need to recruit at showdown. Does showdown even do clans all I've seen in the form of clans are IDM. I would love to help on anything involving hero such as recruiting members, setting up wars, or just anything as I believe I am probably  the most active member because I have no life. This is basically what I need to say for now and I'm going to be saying anything possible during the call because this is the weakest point of hero and possibly the soon to be grave of hero.  

I think everyone who has led Hero had their ups and downs so I can't be looked at as some kind of mastery of leading a clan.

From what Nuub said to me on Skype, at around the time he was leader in 2014 (before Lasen became leader) the clan was doing better than it was last year. I don't agree with it. There weren't as many members involved as there were before but there were still more people.

You can't find a Photoshop; you evolve one. I didn't wake up one day and said I wanted to lead the Hero clan. I woke up one day and wanted to become a competitive Pokemon player and that then eventually changed to becoming a moderator on Pokemon Online. Since ultimately I wanted to help people, I took the next best thing and helped the people around me and thus I changed my goals to becoming the leader of Hero. It just takes time and a close bond with the people around you to push that idea.

You're absolutely right about Afro Smash but we cannot fault him for getting relatively popular in Pokemon Online. That being said the day he leaves because he's absolutely tired with the game is the day Hero will take a massive loss. Tape was already hard enough (for me). Old players just can't keep holding this clan up and Hero should not be dependent on one player either. I remember when I was leader there were multiple players that I can always depend on for a clan war and they were present. It was as if I said "THUNDERCATS HO!" and everyone ran from different parts of the world for one main event. But now I don't feel that same way. Perhaps cause the clan wars have changed their ways or I haven't been in Hero long enough but it definitely feels different now.

Smogon is the way to go. Nuub will not call it quits to the clan. As long as Pokemon Online is a thing and people are interested Hero will continue on.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Wed 17 Sep 2014, 19:11

Photoshop wrote:
Beastly wrote:First off I would just want to put something from photos the list of players per tier. We have that as Afro Smash created one but we haven't been updating it at all so its there just not used.

Here we go,
The main thing about hero right now is it is not even close to the strength we had like two years ago with the end of photo's reign and beginning of niick's. IDK what the f**k happened when I was gone but when I came back 2 years later this just wasn't the same clan. I'm not saying change is bad but in this case the changing is going the absolute worst way. If we keep on going like this I wouldn't be surprised if Maples call is about ending hero. Lasen himself said he is not right for leader and If he says it then maybe it is time for a  new leader. Maybe it is time to find the possible next Photoshop. Possible new leaders are Afro Smash, Maple, Daybreak, and we can even go into just the regular members.
As photo said Afro Smash is the only reason people even know what hero is anymore. I myself am trying to do some of the stuff Afro smash is doing like being in tournaments but im just one "person" and it doesn't help if no one even knows that I'm even in hero. Plain and simple afro leaves we are fucking murdered. Its not good to have the entire investment of your clan onto one player even if its a super player like Afro Smash. People who are saying we need to recruit at showdown. Does showdown even do clans all I've seen in the form of clans are IDM. I would love to help on anything involving hero such as recruiting members, setting up wars, or just anything as I believe I am probably  the most active member because I have no life. This is basically what I need to say for now and I'm going to be saying anything possible during the call because this is the weakest point of hero and possibly the soon to be grave of hero.  

I think everyone who has led Hero had their ups and downs so I can't be looked at as some kind of mastery of leading a clan.

From what Nuub said to me on Skype, at around the time he was leader in 2014 (before Lasen became leader) the clan was doing better than it was last year. I don't agree with it. There weren't as many members involved as there were before but there were still more people.

You can't find a Photoshop; you evolve one. I didn't wake up one day and said I wanted to lead the Hero clan. I woke up one day and wanted to become a competitive Pokemon player and that then eventually changed to becoming a moderator on Pokemon Online. Since ultimately I wanted to help people, I took the next best thing and helped the people around me and thus I changed my goals to becoming the leader of Hero. It just takes time and a close bond with the people around you to push that idea.

You're absolutely right about Afro Smash but we cannot fault him for getting relatively popular in Pokemon Online. That being said the day he leaves because he's absolutely tired with the game is the day Hero will take a massive loss. Tape was already hard enough (for me). Old players just can't keep holding this clan up and Hero should not be dependent on one player either. I remember when I was leader there were multiple players that I can always depend on for a clan war and they were present. It was as if I said "THUNDERCATS HO!" and everyone ran from different parts of the world for one main event. But now I don't feel that same way. Perhaps cause the clan wars have changed their ways or I haven't been in Hero long enough but it definitely feels different now.

Smogon is the way to go. Nuub will not call it quits to the clan. As long as Pokemon Online is a thing and people are interested Hero will continue on.
Amen brother.
Night
Night
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Wed 17 Sep 2014, 19:13

With this overshadowing idea of Hero going to Smogon that people are having and encouraging I also get the mild feeling that we all think PO is going stale. I agree if you think that, PO is not as it once was hustle and bustle at the core of CP. Now it is PS, that is where the good players are, that is where we should go. A channel is of no concern to us right now. We can create and IRC (if people are like tape and don't want to make a Skype). We also have a lot of our better players, Afro, Trickroom, Fille and others using PS as their place for competition. They succeed there as they have on PO so everybody else should join them over there.

Also one thing is that if we want to grow our clan again we must wear the tag. I don't give a fuck if you don't want to you should wear it if you care about keeping us alive. Doesn't matter if you are scared of getting a bad ranking on it, just ladder it. Also on PS just use the format of HERO *name* (so it stands out).

We can discuss more in the meeting/
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Wed 17 Sep 2014, 19:22

Maple Syrup wrote:With this overshadowing idea of Hero going to Smogon that people are having and encouraging I also get the mild feeling that we all think PO is going stale. I agree if you think that, PO is not as it once was hustle and bustle at the core of CP. Now it is PS, that is where the good players are, that is where we should go. A channel is of no concern to us right now. We can create and IRC (if people are like tape and don't want to make a Skype). We also have a lot of our better players, Afro, Trickroom, Fille and others using PS as their place for competition. They succeed there as they have on PO so everybody else should join them over there.

Also one thing is that if we want to grow our clan again we must wear the tag. I don't give a fuck if you don't want to you should wear it if you care about keeping us alive. Doesn't matter if you are scared of getting a bad ranking on it, just ladder it. Also on PS just use the format of HERO *name* (so it stands out).

A IRC seems a good idea for me personally, since my good pc is on repairs and my old ass 2000 laptop can't run Skype. But overall Hero won't die. It will just keep on living.
Night
Night
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Thu 18 Sep 2014, 00:55

Maple Syrup wrote:With this overshadowing idea of Hero going to Smogon that people are having and encouraging I also get the mild feeling that we all think PO is going stale. I agree if you think that, PO is not as it once was hustle and bustle at the core of CP. Now it is PS, that is where the good players are, that is where we should go. A channel is of no concern to us right now. We can create and IRC (if people are like tape and don't want to make a Skype). We also have a lot of our better players, Afro, Trickroom, Fille and others using PS as their place for competition. They succeed there as they have on PO so everybody else should join them over there.

It took you guys a year and a few months to understand Smogon > Pokemon Online.

The channel does matter to an extent since some people are anti social and don't have Skype. It can be used as a Hub just like Skype is used as a Hub. But ultimately there has to be a primary ground where people must meetup. If it's in Smogon... if it's in PO... etc.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by KyogreF4N Thu 18 Sep 2014, 09:24

Other thing to know : when i came to PO on august, there were less than 700 players. All the time. Never more. That's a few, it was like 1500 at beginning of the year. When i came o ladder a bit on PS (got 12th ez, you can say what you want but it's still much easier than PO) it was like 10 000 persons online, at the same moment. The difference is huge, and even if there are top players on PO, there are much more ppl on PS, then much more good ppl too.
KyogreF4N
KyogreF4N
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KyogreF4N Thu 18 Sep 2014, 15:45

Well i played on PS for 1st time after i left, i got 1494 with Hero tag in like 3h, i just lost my 1st battle to baton pass. Other than this, it's quite ez. I show you the way guys, just follow !!

I used my stall team (which everyone is supposed to know since i posted a RMT of it) and i still beat most players... The average level on PS is weak, but there are some good players.
KyogreF4N
KyogreF4N
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Thu 18 Sep 2014, 18:02

Photoshop wrote:

The channel does matter to an extent since some people are anti social and don't have Skype. It can be used as a Hub just like Skype is used as a Hub. But ultimately there has to be a primary ground where people must meetup. If it's in Smogon... if it's in PO... etc.

Smogon has always been there but PO has a much better community (had) and still has the better user interface. The time comes for us to move to smogon's better competitive community, more people more tours more opportunities for us. Though getting an own channel straight off the bat might be difficult and the admins even say people have better options and don't necessarily need a dedicated channel. (An option is that we meet up in a less popular channel and just flood that with people as a main area and then get our own.)
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:46

Maple Syrup wrote:
Photoshop wrote:

Smogon has always been there but PO has a much better community (had) and still has the better user interface. The time comes for us to move to smogon's better competitive community, more people more tours more opportunities for us. Though getting an own channel straight off the bat might be difficult and the admins even say people have better options and don't necessarily need a dedicated channel. (An option is that we meet up in a less popular channel and just flood that with people as a main area and then get our own.)

Smogon's community has been better because of their forums. Pokemon Online is well known for the RU-NU tier shifts but Smogon is known for Ubers-OU-UU tier shifts which is for the majority of players anyways. Same goes with the interface since it can be accessed by a web browser rather than having to download a program. It's then accessible to people on school computers.

The only thing Pokemon Online did right IMO are the channels. If IDM has a channel, I'm sure Hero can get one too.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash Fri 19 Sep 2014, 18:14

Seems I'm a bit late to the party here!

I'll just bullet point some things I'll do and general things we need to do:

• I really don't want to be leader again, it happened once and it didn't go well. I'm just not meant to be a leader, I'm a strong player, I have good ideas and I'm a good friend but I am in no way a leader, never have been, never will be.

• I will ladder wearing the tag on bothy PO and PS, PO I will probably make just take 1 night to push to top 5 in LU and NU and then occasionally undecay, PS I will make bigger pushes to ladder and keep my name at the top. I already have a pretty big name on Smogon, I did well in SPL, won RUgged Mountain, and am looking to make top 8 in Grand Slam. If I let people know I'm part of Hero it could do well for us.

• Recruit recruit recruit. When I was drafted in to Hero 2 years ago I was nowhere near the player I am today, but I impressed quicksilver on the ladder and got bought in, and I just so happened to turn in to one of the better players on PO. We need to get the up and comers early before they're poached by someone else. This is also another reason to move more in to PS, since majority of PO players are already tied up with other clans or simply aren't interested in joining a clan. If someone is searching for a pokemon simulator, Pokemon Showdown is the first one they'll see and it's a ton more user friendly than PO, this is where the fresh meat will be.

• Clan Wars. Without Clan Wars we basically are just a DRAZO channel, just a bunch of friends that like pokemon. These need to pick up more but should be a secondary objective to the recruitment drive, new recruits could be kept entertained by ladder challenges if we decide to bring those back (we should).

• Sign up to the Smogon Forums. This is important as it allows you to get more involved in the community which will be important for spreading the word about our clan, and also for joining tournaments which can help draw attention to us if we're successful.

As for reviving the Hero Channel on PO, I don't think it's possible at this point. You can't force people to talk, and there's not much to discuss there that can't be talked about on skype, which is far more readily available. I rarely talk there simply because, and I don't want this to come across as arrogant, but I've 'outgrown' Hero. I'm now the NU Tier Leader and part of Indigo so spend a lot of my time involved in PO decision making, or helping my POCL teammates test and build teams, or talking to people in Rage Channel about Smogon Tournaments.

This has been true for about the past 4 or 5 months, but if you're wondering why I haven't left the answer is twofold. First I like the people here and I enjoy interacting with them, and second as people have already stated, me leaving would be a massive blow to the clan. Not just in the sense that you'd lose a good player for clan wars, but also if people saw one of Hero's senior members had left for no discernible reason it would put the clans reputation in jeapordy. It's 90% cuz I like you guys don't get me wrong, but even if I got bored part of me would still feel obliged, much as Ari did, to set the ship straight before leaving.

So yeah there's a lot to do, and the move to Showdown won't be an easy process, but change is necessary right now. It's evolve or die.
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Fri 19 Sep 2014, 21:27

I am ready to kick some boootey
Night
Night
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KyogreF4N Sat 20 Sep 2014, 08:41

Something else : what about reqs on Showdown ? We set some (ex 1600 in Ubers) or just recruit everyone who looks good ? I asked some people if they wanted to join hero, none of them were interested in. They were good enough, but i don't even know if they know what Hero is.

Btw i'll try to top the ladder one last time to ppl see Hero name in high ladder. Not that i have no homework, but i just don't want Hero to die, and i want to help you as long as i can guys. I'm already 1605, and it's still easy. My aim is to get at least 1700 (which is like top 6 atm) and maybe 1st if i have time, it would be cool ^^

Anyways best luck guys to rebuild the clan, that's pretty much effort but pretty exciting to get a fresh start !

EDIT : it's 3:10 pm, i'm 1654 lol

EDIT 2 : 1707 top 5 i'm gonna get dat 1st place one day or another

Last edited by KyogreF4N on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 06:35; edited 2 times in total
KyogreF4N
KyogreF4N
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:40

KyogreF4N wrote:Something else : what about reqs on Showdown ? We set some (ex 1600 in Ubers) or just recruit everyone who looks good ? I asked some people if they wanted to join hero, none of them were interested in. They were good enough, but i don't even know if they know what Hero is.

Btw i'll try to top the ladder one last time to ppl see Hero name in high ladder. Not that i have no homework, but i just don't want Hero to die, and i want to help you as long as i can guys. I'm already 1605, and it's still easy. My aim is to get at least 1700 (which is like top 6 atm) and maybe 1st if i have time, it would be cool ^^

Anyways best luck guys to rebuild the clan, that's pretty much effort but pretty exciting to get a fresh start !

EDIT : it's 3:10 pm, i'm 1654 lol

Everyone play a tier and figure out which one seems reasonable to score as a limit for tier requirements. The best judgment is to actually see for yourself.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Problems with The Hero Clan Empty I did it. ez.

Post by KyogreF4N Sun 21 Sep 2014, 10:07

Well i got 1st ^_^ didn't expect it was that easy. Only things i lost to were baton pass and refresh arceus so my team reks everything else there. Ty to slayer for losing the last ladder battle :]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KyogreF4N
KyogreF4N
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunat Sun 21 Sep 2014, 14:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

trying to do the same now in uber, uu, ru and nu, with an hero alt ofc :]
Hunat
Hunat
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Mon 22 Sep 2014, 14:09

Hunat wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

trying to do the same now in uber, uu, ru and nu, with an hero alt ofc :]

*cough broken team bro cough*
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Mon 22 Sep 2014, 16:09

I just wanna know what channels do u guys frequent when u go on PS? I wanna find u guys, im prolly under HERO Mapsy or Maps
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next