The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion

+7
Abe
Beastly
Fille
Da Raikage
Crobat
Afro Smash
Photoshop
11 posters

Go down

Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion Empty Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion

Post by Photoshop Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:56

I'll put this out there:

Annonymous member from Hero: 
photo we should face idm reasons we would get more known  another is if we beat them its big confidence boost and last we need a tougher clan to face then these new clans

[10:38:31 PM] Photoshop: I undertsand your reason
[10:38:33 PM] Photoshop: However
[10:38:43 PM] Photoshop: I'm not entering a clan war until I see we are completely prepared.
[10:38:54 PM] Photoshop: Also, it's what I mentioned before.
[10:39:04 PM] Photoshop: Yes, we would get known, and yes it's a confidence boost.
[10:39:15 PM] Photoshop: But it's all about us doing well, and if we don't do well, what's the point then?
[10:39:25 PM] Photoshop: Chin up high we will get them next time?
[10:40:00 PM] Photoshop: I know we aren't always suppose to win wars, but I am strategic about them. When I know we have a higher percentage of losing than winning, there is obviously no point to doing so.
[10:40:18 PM] Photoshop: All I'll get at the end is fuckers bashing us over and over stating we are a waste of time.
[10:40:30 PM] Photoshop: We need to learn how to walk before we can run.
[10:40:50 PM] Photoshop: And being that we won 3-2 to a shit clan, I'm not impressed.

Those are my thoughts on it. Is it yours? Am I too worried of diving without swimming?
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion Empty Re: Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion

Post by Afro Smash Mon 17 Jun 2013, 00:30

We may as well warm up with easier clans first
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion Empty Re: Clan War vs. A Strong Clan Discussion

Post by Crobat Mon 17 Jun 2013, 00:43

I agree with Alan. Though I think IDM is just a bunch of hot-headed crybabies, and that we could beat them playing with our eyes close and using the mouse with our feet, I think it would be good practice playing against smaller/weaker clans. I've noticed we actually have a tougher time against weaker clans than stronger clans, so I do think it would be good.
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Raikage Mon 17 Jun 2013, 09:07

I think we should start off easy, but not too easy. I also think we should start getting wars more often so we can practice, ik how you feel that losing demoralizes us and makes others less likely to join, but experience is needed; You can't learn to walk if you don't try.
Da Raikage
Da Raikage
True leader
True leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fille Mon 17 Jun 2013, 11:59

I actually believe we can win IDM. But to do so, we need our best players online at the same time, which is not normal. Of course OU could be a trouble, but Photoshop, I believe you can beat anyone in their clan, seeing that you are a great OU player. Afro Smash, you could easily smash their NU player, wether it being Joey or Rik or whoever, you just have to warm up. You've been quite rusty during some of the past clanwars (MVP, Xclus), but you can do it if you can get back (Which I assume you are now). I don't know who our best hope in Ubers is, but I know for a fact that Granbull, Crobat and Niiick should be able to make us proud. You guys are really good, and now how to deal with the current metagame really well! For LU, I believe in you Haar. Your skills are still there, and I still think you're the best LU player so far to ever have played on the ladder! As for UU, we got a lot of options. Pokemoki, you've peaked #1 on the ladder, and that is indeed for a reason. Mononokel, scrap that Victini weakness and you'll become #1 tomorrow, no doubt. I myself could give it a shot, tho I don't really feel confident, in case opponent brings hardcore stall.

There you sort off have my opinion, lets war them, but not now. Lets wait til we know everyone can be online. Like Spring ^^
Fille
Fille
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastly Mon 17 Jun 2013, 13:00

we are facing to many new clans what happened to the challenge that po is about its not wrecking new people its facing those top player and beating the living crap out of them.
Beastly
Beastly
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Mon 17 Jun 2013, 13:50

I feel as though if we can defeat someone like Xclus, then we have more of a chance to beat IDM or IMP.

To Fille,
We cannot beat IDM currently. We have Ubers on 50/50 considering they don't have as strong of players but we definitely need the strongest. Someone like Tape or Shiny Rayquaza who retained astronomical ladder points. OU, we need more players and I for one am not as good of an OU player. I'm decent and I just make unusual teams that work efficiently. UU, Pokemoki, or the second Warpstar is not here anymore. I don't put much strife on Mononokel either considering his team was easily swept by a Victini. Golduck said it best, "You can bitch and cry about hax, but at the end of the day, it's about how you designed your team around big threats." Mononokel did not, and once I saw it, I knew we would lose if the user played Victini with plenty of offence. I would then gravitate to you Fille since you have currently the highest rank UU ladder as of now. But you are unsure of yourself as you tend to be when it comes to clan wars. I don't understand it considering you played POYT in front of many players so that fear should have been ripped away by now. LU and NU I'm confident because Afro Smash devours NU and Haar wrecks LU. No matter what these players do well in those tiers.

So, that's 2/5 tiers that I'm completely confident that we have in the bag. But if we play 7 matches with 3 being in OU, we don't have much of a chance of winning anymore.

To Beastly,
If you feel as though we can defeat IDM, then more power to you. Get an Admin to support you and go for it. Rally players from Hero to play and create a roster. However, I will not be present nor will I show up to play any of the tier.

Simple as that.

Last edited by Photoshop on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 14:15; edited 2 times in total
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastly Mon 17 Jun 2013, 14:07

first lets go beat xclus then we need a challenging war

and 2nd fine ill find an admin
Beastly
Beastly
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Mon 17 Jun 2013, 14:15

Last note,

Do not play a tier that you did not get the requirements in. So, if you get the requirements for LU, I shall not permit you to play OU in the clan war. Obvious reasons I don't need to explain.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Abe Mon 17 Jun 2013, 14:18

Ive beaten about 5 IDM members on the ladder already. I dont get what all the hype is about. Just another clan imo. Shouldnt be too hard for us.
Abe
Abe
Hero
Hero

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Abe15.ai

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Mon 17 Jun 2013, 14:27

For the most part, it's reputation.
For the Clan, it's just to leave them knowing that Hero isn't one to be reckoned. Everyone believes we are a crap clan with highlights. I want to change that feeling since Quicksilver left Hero but have not.
For me, especially with IDM, the members they have are some nice but some nasty little fuckers. So I don't want to name on the table and then have to deal with them for several weeks after. So I don't want to go and battle just to get a massive blowout, or having to talk to people about why this hax completely tilted the game. None of that.

But, if you think I'm wrong, ask Afro Smash, Crobat, or Nick to create a clan war sign up sheet and schedule something with IDM.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash Mon 17 Jun 2013, 17:52

I still think it'd be better if we build confidence and momentum by facing lesser clans, this will also get members used to pressure situations for when we take on better clans like Xclus and IDM. And although IDM may be more talk than walk, they still have strong members and underestimating them will likely be our demise. I also need to step up my game against stronger clans, i looked back through previous clan wars, and saw that i'd won matches against key and other weaker clans, however against Xclus and MVP i failed, i lost to Cased in the Xclus war, because i simply got outplayed, but in the MVP war i lost to Nikitas... because i foolishly bought the wrong team for the Crustle Bisharp era. So when we do end up warring stronger clans, we need to focus and support each other, ignore specs if neccessary if you need to focus. At the end of the day i don't really care if we lose, if the rival clan wants to gloat or act like idiots thats up to them, it's up to you to take it on the chin and to train harder for the next time you face them. IDM and Xclus are not clans to be feared but respected, we have strong players in Ubers, NU + LU, UU is anybody's guess and OU is most likely in opposing clans favour [no offense Ari + Abe] as these are the tiers they focus on, if we all play at our best then we shouldn't be hard pressed to beat any clan on PO. I don't really know what point i was making lol but i hope you bared with me.

Also i would not advise taking up a clan war against a strong clan like IDM without our leader present.

Also Also Ari don't stop the Claymore ;-;, the actions of the few should not affect the many!
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Flare Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:28

Well overall everyone has pointed out decent facts and or opinions. When it comes to warring IDM, I think we should continue to train up first before we decide on warring. Like, Photo Said we need more OU players so it would be nice for everyone to help chip in and try and recruit for that tier. As for lower tiers no doubt we may have those under control but we should not get to cocky they also have lower tier players like Ed. Maybe we should practice on others clan first may I suggest Key, a nice decent clan we could war and have a good chance on winning. It would be a good practice for others to put themselves out there more, and like Afro said we need to get people more familiar with being in pressured situations it helps by building confidence etc. Overall, Hero is a good clan and I find it a little sad that we doubt ourselves and do not have faith in our  skill. So yeah, maybe Key thoughts???
Zac Flare
Zac Flare
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Mononokel Mon 17 Jun 2013, 21:12

could everybody stop hating on my team in every 2nd post please? I peaked 1500 with it in march alone, it is not that bad. Also, I volunteered for the clan war because I was criticised for not doing so before. I can just stop doing that because I don't like doing it that much, thank you. I'm a bit pissed that it has to be mentioned everywhere.
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Mon 17 Jun 2013, 21:42

Deal with it?
It's criticism and we understand you did your best but we also must place our thoughts for what occurred. Same thing happens every time a clan war happens, stating how a person lost because of one thing or another. It's not a big deal really, especially since it's a way to show improvement.
It's exactly the same thing I told Beastly instead of hiding it among others in PM's, "Your LU match was as if you both were hitting each other with fishes because it was just really bad." And it was a really bad match because both players didn't have a clue on what they were doing. But it's not like I hate Beastly, or I find him to be a bad player, or anything. It's just my thoughts and it's not meant to be a direct blow to his ego.

I know how you feel because it happened to me when I lost to an Eon member due to hax, or when I lost to 4real in OU when we did OU. I can't do anything but deal with it.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Mon 17 Jun 2013, 21:49

I can become competitive comes Wednesday. I am done school by then. I can work on OU, I am just rusty.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mononokel Tue 18 Jun 2013, 06:45

I can deal with criticism, but there is a difference when you tell the same thing over and over again. That is not criticism, that is just bashing. If I told you "hey man ur team looks good but it lacks an Omastar counter" and you told me "oh yeah I see what you mean" and I start telling you 3 times more that you lack an Omastar counter, it gets annoying.
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Tue 18 Jun 2013, 08:41

You probably understand how I felt when I made a set or a team and you kept constantly "criticizing" it after I explained why it was made in such a way. ie. Gothorita using Psychic over Flash is making it a worst set and after proving it wasn't, you continue to state why it is better. To each their own, but I'm not going to halt you from your opinions.
This actually happened long ago with another member of Hero when he was using SATK Rampardos Sheer Force and I told him it's not as viable considering Rampardos already has other problems, being a slow Poke and not really being setup correctly to establish itself as a SATK'er. The member of Hero took it the wrong way but in the end, one should just deal with criticism even after we prove each other incorrectly countless times. The end result will be "to each their own" but it takes a while to get there, as we are all good players looking to help each other get better.

Tis` all. No matter how many times you hear the same thing.

Last edited by Photoshop on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 08:47; edited 1 time in total
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Raikage Tue 18 Jun 2013, 08:46

if you can't deal with this level of criticism, we won't be able to get a war vs a better clan tbh. You need to be able to handle criticism well; the winners get bragging rights, the losers need to deal with criticism. It seems harsh, but it makes you want to do better next time, to prove yourself. Sorry if this seems harsh, but victini is easily one of the biggest threats in UU, if your team is weak to it, you're going to have a bad time.
Da Raikage
Da Raikage
True leader
True leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Tue 18 Jun 2013, 08:51

^

Not just about Victini, but it's in general. If you lose, you will be hearing it from us for a while because we hoped for the best. It's not like we hate you or anything, we just want you to improve. The only way it comes off from us is to remind you of what occurred in the past in order for you to remember it for the future. That's about it really. But that really shouldn't discourage you from playing in a war, because we just long for you to be better in the end. For yourself, not just for Hero.

And I guess I apologize for bringing it up, but I also don't. I've been like this for a long time and Afro Smash can be a witness to my actions but I always say something truthfully no matter the harsh consequences. It can be annoying but if you were to do the same to me, I wouldn't mind because I know I definitely messed up and I'm in need of improvement.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrk Tue 18 Jun 2013, 13:46

Not taking criticism on your teams just because you do well on the ladder is silly. Clan Wars and Tournaments are much different than the ladder; I had a team that peaked around the 1460's despite the fact that even a poorly-played banded Victini or Darmanitan 1-2HKO'd the entire team. Not trying to show off, but I've also beaten multiple players who've peaked 1 or 2 on the ladder in tournaments using randomly-generated teams. 

When building a team, you have to be more focused on removing weaknesses to the biggest/common threats (like Victini) as well as being able to adapt to less common threats over using standard stuff that just beats the average ladder player.
Kyrk
Kyrk
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Tue 18 Jun 2013, 14:14

If we want to to good in clan wars we must train together. I have an idea that I want to flesh out over the next days that will hopefully increase our competitive abilities and help us bond more. I'll post it on thursday because I have my final exam tomorow
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mononokel Tue 18 Jun 2013, 16:46

ok I dont want to make a drama out of it now ^^ I DO accept criticism. @Kyrk Im neither that arrogant nor that silly. I DID know that there was a Victini weakness, and I ACCEPTED that even before the battle. He brought a Victini, so shit. I only stated that it got annoying after the 3rd time that I got told that there was a weakness with the name Victini, because I felt like "Duh IM NOT STUPID! I GET IT!" But it's ok and let's move on xD
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Raikage Tue 18 Jun 2013, 20:32

Kk, enough picking on Mono, let's get back on track.
Da Raikage
Da Raikage
True leader
True leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down