The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining Hero / Where are we now?

+5
Mononokel
Fille
Da Raikage
Photoshop
Afro Smash
9 posters

Go down

Joining Hero / Where are we now? Empty Joining Hero / Where are we now?

Post by Afro Smash Sun 19 May 2013, 14:45

Me and Nick were discussing, and we think that if people want to join they should not only have to reach the requirements, but also be tested in a battle. They do not have to win said battle, but just to check their battling skills against a top player in that tier from our clan. Thoughts?

Just a bit of QC, don't think it could hurt.
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Joining Hero / Where are we now? Empty Re: Joining Hero / Where are we now?

Post by Photoshop Sun 19 May 2013, 18:05

I'd rather have people be more involved in the forums and getting to know members than be checked for their tested battling skills.

My philosophy behind the requirements was, if it was a high feature to achieve, then you can do it again on a new account and get the same requirement without any problems.

Those are my thoughts. Is there anyone specifically that you both came across that needed suspecting?
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Joining Hero / Where are we now? Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Raikage Mon 20 May 2013, 13:28

@ photo, that raikage guy is kinda suspicious....
ot: I don't see why not tbh, I mean, if they are able to reach the requirements, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to have a good battle and prove it. I see where photo is coming from, but if they are able to hit the 1st page, they should be able to show it easily
Da Raikage
Da Raikage
True leader
True leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Fille Mon 20 May 2013, 14:16

I think it's a good idea, but not a person who is "just a top ladder" person. This person might just be lucky with a team for all I care. If we do this, then I think the newcomer have to fight a person who isn't neccesarely good at a tier, but who can see how this player plays, any weak spots that needs to be covered, and why hes winning/losing. This could be beneficial for not only the newcomer, but people in hero too :]
Fille
Fille
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Mon 20 May 2013, 15:34

What are your thoughts on the requirements?

This is to everyone.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Mononokel Mon 20 May 2013, 16:59

everybody can improve their battling skills. If they have one good team that they have played the ladder with for ages, what is wrong with that? As long as they are a nice person that wants to improve their playstyle, it's cool.
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Flare Mon 20 May 2013, 19:51

Personally, I think that the requirements could be discussed again lowering them a little bit, so that we aren't only getting top notch players but people who also want to get better.( Also relates to re-opening HIT ) As for the battling idea, I don't see why not if they were good enough to get the requirment I see no problem with them showing off how good they are infront of other clan members. It's not like if they lose the battle they'll be removed from the clan, nothing is on the line so I think it'd be a good idea to test this Idea out, and if they do need improvement we could link them to one of our many battling guides like my boot camp thing or Nuub's OU analysis or Who's the master now. All good helpful links to send out to other members if we feel that they may need it. As long as this is put in a kindly manner I see no problem with it. Not just witht he Analysis's like someone struggles in ubers but they want to get better maybe crobat can help, or lets say LU afro could be of assistance. But yeah overall I see no reason why this idea shouldn't be put into affect! Thanks for sharing it
Zac Flare
Zac Flare
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Mon 20 May 2013, 22:46

I think the reqs are pretty good. You can be a decent player and still meet them if you don't give up and persevere. Also HIT was sort of a flop anyways since some people just won't get better and then we have a few terrible players weighing us down. The testing a player is a good idea but I think it would be better for a prospect to come to our channel. Hang out with us for a bit before they attempt to join and have them ladder while we watch sometimes.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Mon 20 May 2013, 23:04

I'm just starting to think that because people have been less active, including myself from time to time, that maybe it is time to shut down the competition side of Hero for good.

I know players like Alan and I will be bummed because we will have players who we normally talk to in the chat be associated as the same type of person, but we have a handful of us putting our pound of effort. There are members Nick have invited that are here because of him. Otherwise, they wouldn't speak to us because they are too anti social to speak up and say a few parting words.

I need some thoughts because my mind as it is states that we are competitive, we can play clan wars, but is that what we REALLY want? Or would we want to be a community of casual players who in their heart are strong, but are willing to take a chill pill.

I won't open heaven's gate, as in I will not allow every player into Hero, however I would like to know what people stand. I know the game is stale now so the only real reason to get online is to chat. Is that what everyone wants though?
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Niiick Tue 21 May 2013, 06:05

I personally think we should not close the competitive side of the clan. It has been inactive lately but that does not mean people don't enjoy the wars, I am happy to lead a couple, but would rather do so after my exams. I think we could also have a few more events such as teambattles over the next few months, as we have not sone one of these for a while.
The idea of testing was just a suggestion, and lowering/removing the requirements to me seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Niiick
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fille Tue 21 May 2013, 09:18

I really like being competitive, tho chill at the same time (I'd say that's what we are atm). I agree with Niiick, we should wait til the Exmas* are over, so that people got a chance to be more active. I myself will most likely be online early my time, when there aren't really too amny people to talk to, so when I get a reason to come online later on, like a clanwar or a teambat, it usually brings a good discussion and goal to achieve or w/e at the same time. I really enjoy this, and I don't think we should stop doing this :]
Fille
Fille
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Raikage Tue 21 May 2013, 12:51

speaking for myself, I haven't really tried "laddering" in a long time, I've just been playing around with new pokes in nu/uu. Hax makes laddering a hassle e_e
I think we could do one of several things

1) lower reqs, make them battle a hero member and be approved
2) keep reqs only
3) make reqs + battle needed
4) show in a battle they know what they are doing and have the skills needed

Personally, I think lowering the reqs a little and adding a required battle would be the best choice, hax often changes peoples ranking and high ranking doesn't always mean that they know what they are doing. Maybe lowering the reqs like 50 points or so
aka
1300 lu 1300 nu 1350/1400 uu no idea what uber and ou are

Sometimes, people hitting the reqs is just pure luck, sometimes, they can't hit the reqs because of their lack of luck. Adding a battle (that will be judged by at least 2 members) would show they know what they are doing. To become a member, 2 of 3 (2 watching and the opponent) would have to say that he showed sufficient skill.
Da Raikage
Da Raikage
True leader
True leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Abe Tue 21 May 2013, 15:19

Honestly if you ask me it doesnt even really matter. PO in general is really beginning to get old to me, and the only reason i come on anymore is to chat with people. What makes things worse is when nobody seems to be able to speak. I think the reqs should be 1400 across the board. Thats not too high, but not too low either. And i agree with fille that what we have goin on right now is pretty good. I myself am not overly competitive, but i do like to keep my scores decent. I think we have a good mix of competitive, and casual players. Were like the wildcard clan. Not super competitive like IDM, but not completely noobie like those other guys. And i think people will be attracted to that.
Abe
Abe
Hero
Hero

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Abe15.ai

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash Tue 21 May 2013, 18:41

Im still enjoying PO to an extent, it is a getting a bit staler now, however the chat is still cool, and im fine not doing clan wars + doing clan wars. Im pretty happy either way but i agree with Abe that we should be a middle ground clan, not super competitive, but not seen as weak by the community. This clan is and should always be about the peoples personality and not their battling skills, however as we've discussed before, good battling skills = intelligence = good chats. gernerally at least.
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Tue 21 May 2013, 19:02

Alright.

I guess I'll hope for the best from everyone after they finish their exams.

I'm under the consideration now of decreasing requirements and having a test battle. I think that's the best way to know if a player is actually fit for Hero.

What about the 2/3 system? I feel like after the Beastly incident, we should remove it and keep it to requirements and a test battle to see if they know what they are talking about.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Mononokel Tue 21 May 2013, 20:02

i kno this might be a dumb question but what's the 2/3 system? Very Happy
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Tue 21 May 2013, 21:22

If players do not want to retain the requirements, they are allowed to fight in a battle for 2/3 to get into Hero. If they lose, they are blacklisted to battling a Hero member. If they win, they are admitted to Hero. Usually I choose strong tier leaders in our clan to defend it, and an admin watches the battle.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Flare Wed 22 May 2013, 08:31

That's a good point Photo but removing it may be a little harsh towards some. Maybe limiting it to those who we feel are "good" enough to join but can't reach the rank, because we also have to take into consideration hax and decay plus tilting. After alot of tries maybe we could suggest it to them, but as far as I know not many people use the system. But there are also good reasons to remove it, some people may see it as a loophole to get into the clan. Maybe this would be discussed more idk.
Zac Flare
Zac Flare
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Thu 23 May 2013, 17:01

I think that we are just busy now. We will freshen up once summertime comes by.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Thu 23 May 2013, 17:23

I still want the Hero League up by June 1st, 2013.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down