The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increasing the requirements.

+4
ultrabattler
Cloud7z
Photoshop
Afro Smash
8 posters

Go down

Increasing the requirements. Empty Increasing the requirements.

Post by Afro Smash Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:29

I have been thinking about increasing the requirements of NU + LU from 1250+ to 1300+. I would like to hear your opinions on this, how it could benefit the clan, how it could harm the clan etc. however i don't want you looking at this from a selfish point of view, think of the clan, not yourself.
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Increasing the requirements. Empty Re: Increasing the requirements.

Post by Photoshop Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:52

Antonius brought this up saying LU and NU rankings were too low. I think 1300+ is a good cap.

Alan, your thoughts on the LC requirements?
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Increasing the requirements. Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud7z Wed 30 Jan 2013, 17:09

To be honest, I think LU is fine at 1250.
Standards for LU are much lower that OU, Ubers and UU.

Atm, 1250 would put you 65 on the ladder, which isn't too bad.
Cloud7z
Cloud7z
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash Wed 30 Jan 2013, 18:28

Photoshop wrote:Alan, your thoughts on the LC requirements?

Hmm you need to be top 30 to reach 1200, however the ladder is alot smaller, so i'm not certain.
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash Wed 30 Jan 2013, 19:06

Cloud7z wrote:To be honest, I think LU is fine at 1250.
Standards for LU are much lower that OU, Ubers and UU.

Atm, 1250 would put you 65 on the ladder, which isn't too bad.

Hmm, Granbull suggested 1275 which could be the happy medium, 1275 = 45th on the ladder
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by ultrabattler Thu 31 Jan 2013, 00:45

Personally I do not think that 1300 is too high of a requirement, as it is not a huge number to achieve. This will also give us better members if we raise the limit to 1300, and if someone can achieve 1250 they should also be able to achieve 1300, as a 50 point difference really isn't too big of an issue. I think it's a good move.
ultrabattler
ultrabattler
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat Thu 31 Jan 2013, 15:36

The problem I find with this is that the ladders of NU and LU are much smaller than Ubers, OU, and UU, so getting a higher ranking, no matter how good you are, can be a problem. Esspecially when you get +30 -1 variations every match, which started happening to me around the time I was 1250 in both tiers.
I think 1275 would be a happy medium.
As for LC, it's a much, much smaller ladder. On top of it taking 10-20 minutes to find a game at times, by the time your at 1150, you are getting almost nothing but bad variations. 1200 however isn't THAT hard to get to if you have a good team (aka have a Meinfoo, Murkrow, Misdreavus, and Chinchoa on it). Jokeing aside 1200 isn't to hard but because of the nature of a smaller ladder, it can be a pain. Maybe 1225. but not up to something like 1250.
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 16:30

Contrary to popular belief, 1300+ is not any harder to get than 1400+ in OU/Ubers, despite the fact that it means you'll be on the first page, because the ladder is smaller and so there's not as much randomness, so if you're a decent player you can get it. Plus, since we already agreed on raising the req to 1300+ in the new year, we should follow through. Same for 1400+ in OU and 1450+ in Ubers; I don't see why this hasn't been implemented yet. We need to attract stronger players because we depend on the same 5-6 players in every competitive war, and it's obvious to everyone. Assuming we're still doing wars of course, because nobody seems to want to anymore.

Also, LC should not be a recognised tier for req. If you want another requirement then just allow top 3 in any other non-bullshit tier or something. Having a req (and one so low at that) for LC makes us look sh**.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 16:36

Crobat wrote:The problem I find with this is that the ladders of NU and LU are much smaller than Ubers, OU, and UU, so getting a higher ranking, no matter how good you are, can be a problem. Esspecially when you get +30 -1 variations every match, which started happening to me around the time I was 1250 in both tiers.
As for LC, it's a much, much smaller ladder. On top of it taking 10-20 minutes to find a game at times, by the time your at 1150, you are getting almost nothing but bad variations. 1200 however isn't THAT hard to get to if you have a good team (aka have a Meinfoo, Murkrow, Misdreavus, and Chinchoa on it). Jokeing aside 1200 isn't to hard but because of the nature of a smaller ladder, it can be a pain. Maybe 1225. but not up to something like 1250.

If you don't want +1 -30 variations then don't set your ladder point difference above 250. It's your own fault for having it so high and then losing, it's not an excuse. Either be patient and wait for a match with a nice variation like +14 -18 or risk losing 30 points just for 1 point by setting your rating difference to 2108423805029342.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat Fri 01 Feb 2013, 18:26

Ash Ketchum wrote:
Crobat wrote:The problem I find with this is that the ladders of NU and LU are much smaller than Ubers, OU, and UU, so getting a higher ranking, no matter how good you are, can be a problem. Esspecially when you get +30 -1 variations every match, which started happening to me around the time I was 1250 in both tiers.

If you don't want +1 -30 variations then don't set your ladder point difference above 250. It's your own fault for having it so high and then losing, it's not an excuse. Either be patient and wait for a match with a nice variation like +14 -18 or risk losing 30 points just for 1 point by setting your rating difference to 2108423805029342.
I always have it set to ~200, not 2,108,423,805,029,342.
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 18:45

Crobat wrote:
Ash Ketchum wrote:

I always have it set to ~200, not 2,108,423,805,029,342.

You can't get +1 -30 at 200, so clearly you were exaggerating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat Fri 01 Feb 2013, 19:10

It was an example. And I have before. Now enough of this stupid argument.
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 19:16

Crobat wrote:It was an example. And I have before. Now enough of this stupid argument.

No, what's stupid is is you think you can get +1 -30 at 200 rating difference. You can't. This is exactly why pros use low rating differences like 200 250 - to avoid bullshit variations while still getting some battles. Now stop with your petty replies that have no substance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat Fri 01 Feb 2013, 19:57

Ash Ketchum wrote:
Crobat wrote:It was an example. And I have before. Now enough of this stupid argument.

No, what's stupid is is you think you can get +1 -30 at 200 rating difference. You can't. This is exactly why pros use low rating differences like 200 250 - to avoid bullshit variations while still getting some battles. Now stop with your petty replies that have no substance.
I think you forgot to read the "enough of this stupid argument" part.
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 20:05

Crobat wrote:
Ash Ketchum wrote:

I think you just realised you were wrong and resorted to childish behaviour.

Turning off notifications now to avoid this sh**.

Back to top Go down

Post by ddrox13 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 15:41

Ash Ketchum wrote:
Crobat wrote:
Ash Ketchum wrote:

I think you just realised you were wrong and resorted to childish behaviour.

Turning off notifications now to avoid this sh**.

Oh my....
First of all, This arguement must be stopped. ALL OF THIS DEPENDS ON YOUR CURRENT LADDER RANKING.

Second, i think that the LU and NU increase is good.

Third, LC is not really a tier in my opinion. If LC is a tier, than so is CC, Monotype/color/gen, AND METRONOME.

Last edited by ddrox13 on Sun 03 Feb 2013, 15:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Screw you autocorrect, forgot monogen)
ddrox13
ddrox13
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by DelanHaar6 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 16:08

Variation disagreements aside, I'm for the 1275 qualification. Top 45 in any tier is pretty darn good. Anyone who can get to 1275 can probably make 1300+ someday, so it could be a good investment.
DelanHaar6
DelanHaar6
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fille Mon 04 Feb 2013, 09:25

ddrox13 wrote:

i think that the LU and NU increase is good.

Third, LC is not really a tier in my opinion. If LC is a tier, than so is CC, Monotype/color/gen, AND METRONOME.

Increase is good in my opinion too, but CC and LC the sam??

Uber, OU, UU, LU, NU

LC, NEU

Mongen/colour/type

all the bs

BOTTOM: CC, Metronome.
Fille
Fille
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down