The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

3 posters

Go down

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Empty Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Post by Maple Syrup Fri 22 Jun 2012, 21:03

So I just wanted to talk a little bit about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or PMD, if any of you play it. For those who don't it is a Pokemon Mystery dungeon type game like Shiren the wanderer but you are a pokemon. It is a turn based RPG and in the dungeons it is tile based.
It follows general pokemon weaknesses and strenghts and blah blah blah.

I only have the PMD explorers of darkness for my DS and I played the sh** out of that game though not as much as Diamond. I used Chimchar and Mudkip as my pokemon they were beasts.So I decided to restart and use Munchlax and Treeko I call them Resto and Chesto.

But anyway I think you guys should try these games out if you haven't there is also Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue team for GBA which is easily downloadable and playable through VBA.

But if you have played it you can just talk about it here if you want

-Nuub
P.S. I put this here cause there was nowhere else
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Empty PMD2 explorers of the sky

Post by chris7 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 06:27

Man this game is so good! I never expected gamefreak to do something so epic. It's like the main storyline is fantastic so refreshing and moving. Also the soundtrack is great (I am planning to post primal dialga theme in the thread I created). The producers have done a great job.

I would really like to see a PMD game in 5th gen,but I don't know if this is gonna happen. Anyway,I have played through this game like 3 times and I still find it as epic as the first time I played it. In my last playthrough (which I finished yesterday) I was a phanpy and I chose shinx as my partner.

Man I would recommend a game with such an epic storyline even if it was like barbie lol. I think you should give it a try everyone.
chris7
chris7
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Empty Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Post by Maple Syrup Sat 23 Jun 2012, 11:51

Yes a 5th gen PMD would be so fun, just go look up the top 2 pokemon in Little cup ubers and choose them, so scraggy and whatever else.

Its gonna be cool if they put axew and stuff in it too, and maybe mincinno, also the story line possibilities for a 5th gen would be endless, with all the legendaries, the 3 muskateers like terrakion, cobalion , virizion could be protecters of whatever and the Tornado trio would be protectors of the sky or something, Idono I hope that game will come out it just needs more support from the fans
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Wed 27 Jun 2012, 02:35

If a 5th gen PMD comes, I am buying it no matter what. I would like to see some better graohics, maybe something close to the actual BW graphics.

As for storyline, there could be a huge story that can link all pokemon and legendaries.
Example, there could be the usual two versions with exclusives, BUT! This time, Zekrom collides with Reshiram after you awaken them, and you decide which one to calm down/take down, or the game chooses based on the version.

A parralel to this story would be that you have to find kyurem to calm them down.

Another parralel is that based on the version you are playing, the version's legendary fuses with Kyurem and goes on a rampage, and you have to recruit the other legendary and take the new fused form together.

ANOTHER idea I have(yes I have a lot of them Razz ) is that they implement side stories like in explorers of sky, and they work with alternate events( what would have happened if you didn't do this and this) in which Fusion Flare hits Fusion Bolt and you are blasted away from your partner, wherein you consider each other dead and both characters undergo a lot of character develepment.

I actually hope they implement internet gaming, like battling, saving each other (I know tehy already have that, but I couldn't wifi play until B&W for some reason, didn't recognise my connection or something), or making your your own missions, where you can get rid of pokemon you don't want by offering them as rewards or items. Maybe they can use some kind of point system based on who you save, from where, number of items you had when you started and number you have when you end the mission, what level you are etc.

As for partners or heros, I'd like to see zorua, purloin, maybe even Ducklett.

Anyways, that is all I can think of right now, if I think of anything else I'll write for it. Sorry for long post lol!
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Empty 5th gen PMD

Post by chris7 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 07:56

Even though I really want a 5th gen PMD there are something that I would like to say. The legendaries in 5th gen, or rather what they represent doesn't help create an epic PMD. Let's take it from the beginning though.

In 3rd gen the legendaries were representing the weather and the naturalphenomena. That gave the idea for creating a PMD where the main character would try to find and destroy the source that caused natural cataclysms all over the pokeworld which was actually a pretty cool idea.

In 4th gen the legendaries were representing time and space which led to the creation of the most epic pokemon game EVAR (I can't stress how much I love this game) PMD 2.The way Chunsoft or Gamefreak or whoever made this game combined the distortion of time with the expansion of darkness (I don't even understand what I am saying right now lol) is just superawesomeepicamazing.

Now the 5th gen legendaries represent truth and ideals (which is bullshit in my opinion) and I really don't know how they could be used to create a PMD game.I mean what,the pokemon became liars and that is because reshiram is out of control or they gave up on their beliefs because zekrom's heart is being captured by kyurem?To create an epic PMD game in 5th gen they must change their source of ideas from main legendaries to sth. This post is long so I am not going to say what I think they could do (maybe because I don't know,too xD) but we will see what will happen.
chris7
chris7
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Wed 27 Jun 2012, 21:22

Thats why I would love to see a PMD based off of the legendary Trios in B/W like Kami/Therian forms and the musketeers, who Protect realms maybe of the Sky and Earth respectively and then maybe the legendary mascots come and start f*** up everything and you team up with Keldeo (Rainbow Pony who connects the Sky and the Earth) To calm sh** the f*** down.

Also Chunsoft is know for making games that are less games and more interactive books/stories/movies, where you just read text half the time and choose things. I hope chunsoft if they develop won't let us down.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Thu 28 Jun 2012, 03:35

I actually hope that they redo the whole natural balance thing, maybe take ideas from the B&W story and make Kyurem go complete bats*** and freeze the living F*** out of everything, while Tornadus and Thundurus make it rain on everyplace that itsn't frozen by kyurem and we have to gather 2 orbs or whatever from them to summon and defeat Landorus, who is the only pokemon that can stop those two. The musketeer trio can be used to save the natural order again, or maybe for a side mssion where you save keldeo. I honestly don't know, there are a lot of possibilties.

nuub wrote:then maybe the legendary mascots come and start f*** up everything and you team up with Keldeo (Rainbow Pony who connects the Sky and the Earth) To calm sh** the f*** down.
This made me laugh way too hard... lol!

And I agree about chunsoft making such games, I hope they have already started a project PMD 3.
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Empty favourite moment in PMD

Post by chris7 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 06:36

Since lately we have been talking more about future PMD games that we don't know if they are going to happen I decided that I would like to talk a bit more about the PMD games that exist right now.In the PMD are there lots of funny and touching moments so I would like to hear your opinion on your favourite PMD moment. Mine is from PMD explorers of sky in the special episode 5:In the future of darkness when the main characters are going up against Primal Dialga just before they disappear and the primal dialga battle theme started before the battle began while history was changing it was just the greatest feeling I've ever gotten from a game before and the whole episode was as epic as the main storyline.So tell me your thoughts on your favourite moment from the greatest pokemon series ever
chris7
chris7
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Fri 29 Jun 2012, 14:57

My fav moment is when the guild goes on its first expedition to fogbound lake and when I had to face groudon the first real boss.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Sat 30 Jun 2012, 03:57

I especially like the Mewtwo post-game mission on the first game. It had a funny beggining(who is the most powerfull pokemon for you Lasen? -has an option to choose me xD) escaltes to dramatic levels and is a b**** and a half to beat.

If I had to choose from the second series of PMD, I guess it would be me and my partner going to defeat Dialga while riding that Lapras. TEH EPICNESS IN EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE...! <3333
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down