The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May-June Tier Changes

+3
Crobat
Afro Smash
Photoshop
7 posters

Go down

May-June Tier Changes Empty May-June Tier Changes

Post by Photoshop Fri 03 May 2013, 12:13

Ubers to OU

None

OU to Ubers

Deoxys-D
Tornadus-T

(This information has not been released yet to the public.)

OU to UU

Blissey
Reuniclus

UU to LU

Dusclops
Gastrodon

LU to UU

Tornadus
Nidoqueen

LU to NU

Drapion
Gardevoir
Gorebyss
Houndoom
Huntail
Manectric
Primeape
Swellow

NU to LU

Poliwrath

Thoughts?
In terms of UU, I think Reuniclus will become OP for the fact that it's a energized Slowbro, so Slowbro might go down in usage if it stays.

I'm okay with Blissey. It's not THAT big of a problem since it's almost like a Registeel movepool with a Snorlax typing.
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
May-June Tier Changes Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

May-June Tier Changes Empty Re: May-June Tier Changes

Post by Afro Smash Fri 03 May 2013, 13:57

UU- Blissey meh, gonna be a great wall, but it's basically i slightly improved Umbreon, and is dealt with in much the same way. Reuniclus on the other hand is far too strong for UU, it's going to mean a strong increase in trick room teams and the calm mind set can break stall single handedly, so hopefully it gets suspected soon.

LU- Gastrodon is nice, a decent special wall who can shut down pokemon like lanturn and form a nice core with bouffaant, won't have that big an impact, but should fit in nicely. Dusclops is very bulky and a reliable spin blocker as hes difficult to take down, however he can easily be used as set up fodder, or and cant touch the likes of entei and houndoom, so i think he'll see only minor usage, but stay LU.

NU- My my, so many changes. Primape, Manectric and swellow means volt-turn is going to be very prominent. primeape brings a fighting type with u-turn to the tier, manectric is now hands down the best electric in the tier, filling every niche the other electrics could hope to fill, and swellow is ridiculously fast and destroys offensive teams. Huntail is meh but gorebyss can be threatening after the smash. Drapion could make t spikes more prominent, but skunk is better in an offensive role. Gardevoir is a great specs abuser, and with access to trick and destiny bond, is not so easy to take down as it can easily cripple or take down skuntank. Houndoom is very good from what ive used, and can easily trap and kill misdreavus, its mixed attacking abilities make it very good, however weakness to the common mach punch and aqua jet and weakness to stealth rock hold it back from greatness.
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat Fri 03 May 2013, 15:34

LU loses 2 wallbreakers and gets 2 walls. Seems legit.

NU Got everything and it's mother.

Reuniclus will break UU imo, Blissey will most likely stay knowing PO, but stall will become more common because of Blissey.

Big Bird and Deoxys Dick are gone, so that's cool.
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Raikage Mon 06 May 2013, 10:38

In terms of NU, so many new offensive threats
Kinda funny how houndoom, a UU poke for so long, is now in NU, and its not incredibly broken.
Lickilicky, gurrdurr, emboar, probopass, if its not nasty plot alom, etc etc
Gardevoir- loses to dark types
manectric, anything really specially bulky is safe, lickilicky, probo, etc
Scarf primape can replace scarf sawk and outspeed a +2 gorebyss
Gorebyss- anything I believe 85+ scarfed outspeeds, manectric, rotoms, primeape, etc are some common ones
Lickilicky can take a hit and slam it w/ a body slam which can para/should do a lot if its at -2
Huntail-Alom. that is all.
drapion- can pursuit trap/sweep with SD
Swellow- loses to rock/steel types

Gorebyss is a poke that you should not let set up because if you let it hit +2 and don't have a poke that can outspeed, well....hope for a hydro miss? No one "wants" to take a +2 LO 114 SpA Stab hydro pump unless you 4x resist or are immune Razz
Swellow likewise can be a massive massive threat if you don't have a steel/rock type/alom.
Tangela fails to wall it since BB is a thing

I see a rise in Alom>tangela because alom walls drapion, huntail, swellow, some houndooms, and primape

I'm still learning about NU but thats my two cents
In terms of LU, so many defensive threats. and we lost 2 offensive powerhouses
Dusclops - only 2hko'd by things w/ the power of banded outrage from 120 att or flare blitz from CB entei
UU, Special god + incredible set-up poke
OU, lost huge threat+entry hazard set up poke
Ubers, nothing
Da Raikage
Da Raikage
True leader
True leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Tue 07 May 2013, 17:23

Meh seems fair in OU.

Big Bird was a big ass threat but for some reason had such low usage stats anyways.

Same with Deo-D, it may be ban worthy but it isn't really an over abused over-centralizing Pokemon.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mononokel Wed 08 May 2013, 19:26

Man I love the new UU! Your rank in Wifi UU is 6/21616 [1484 points / 260 battles]!
(Sorry that I brag but I haven't reached those highs since the sandstorm meta)
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud7z Thu 09 May 2013, 06:49

Oh dear, I might have to start actually teambuilding instead of just spamming rain to do well. Dusclops takes hits like crazy and Will-O-Wisps physical sweepers like Kabutops and Floatzel. Gastrodon Storms Drains shit, scewing me over.

Losing Tornadus, means losing one of the best Prankster users in the tier and rain attackers.

Expect my rating to go below 1000...
Cloud7z
Cloud7z
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down