The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Excalibur - Overusedphobia

+2
Afro Smash
Photoshop
6 posters

Go down

Project Excalibur - Overusedphobia Empty Project Excalibur - Overusedphobia

Post by Photoshop Wed 17 Apr 2013, 16:41

Today I did a count on how many type of users we have under Project Excalibur. Aside from Nuub and Cold Fusion, these were the results:

Ubers (10):
Crobat
Niiick
KyogreF4N
Snake
Etemadara
Shadowhooh
Aero09
Granbull
Ybss1993
Shiny Rayquaza

OU (3):
Shadowhooh
Abe
Photoshop

UU (6):
Photoshop
Fille
Mononokel
Afro Smash
Omyfuga
Kyrk (?)

LU (7):
Afro Smash
Haar
Gr0v
Geezer
Da Raikage
Cloud7z
Omyfuga

NU (3):
Afro Smash
Geezer
Omyfuga

Based off of these results, we lack in OU and NU players. Since NU is least favorable among the masses in the community, it's not as bad. However, 3 for OU is pitiful.

Long ago, we had OU players from the Mexico server. As soon as I realized that it was a culture difference with Spanish speakers and the English speakers of Hero, I decided to remove them, which resulted in removing the majority of the OU players. Thus I started to play OU to fill in the gap for the OU player requirement in clan wars.

I, however, don't understand why everyone hates the tier enough to not even try to play it. I understand that it's weather, and it's mostly the use of "bullshit" for a win, but it's a tier nonetheless that everyone plays most in the server.

Not sure what the true fear of playing OU for each and everyone of you but I want to encourage everyone to play OU as we need more players.
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Project Excalibur - Overusedphobia Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Project Excalibur - Overusedphobia Empty Re: Project Excalibur - Overusedphobia

Post by Afro Smash Wed 17 Apr 2013, 17:16

Im just pretty bad at ou, but ill try and break into again, and i hope my fellow hero's will too
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Wed 17 Apr 2013, 20:47

I only play OU, I hope to hit the ranks though even if I am not one of the best out there.
I can help anyone make teams and learn the meta if they want. Sometimes it is enough just to look at the usage statistics or smogon sets to learn enough about a tier.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Flare Wed 17 Apr 2013, 20:58

Same here I play ou also, but suck at it
Zac Flare
Zac Flare
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Flare Thu 18 Apr 2013, 06:33

To be honest, I think we should lower the ou ratings seeing as ladder is going to resety
Zac Flare
Zac Flare
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Thu 18 Apr 2013, 07:17

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just peaked 1407 and I will be hell a pissed if I have to reladder to 1450.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Thu 18 Apr 2013, 09:38

Perhaps I'll decrease it to 1400 until April 27th, 2013, just as Pokemon Online stated for their own voting system on Deoxys-D and Tornadus-T.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Thu 18 Apr 2013, 09:50

So in that case I am in? As I have 1407.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:07

No scrub.

This is after they reset the ladder ~ I'll probably change the ranking to 1400.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Mononokel Thu 18 Apr 2013, 16:20

Too cruel :S

Well here's why we don't play OU.
I doubt the reasons are that the tier is shit because of weather etc. No, the reasons are the following: (If you, the reader, knows why UU Players don't play OU, you may skip to the "bottom line")

1. We don't know all the sets.
In UU, from experience and from using Smogon we know each and every set and move a pokemon commonly AND uncommonly runs/can run. It was some work, checking Smogon every time you see something new, but we did it. In OU however, it is a whole fresh start.

Ok, so it takes some work, but that can be overcome.

But this is why the next argument of mine is...
2. We have a lot more fun playing UU than OU.
Duh, obviously we play because it's fun. And for those who play UU for years, it provides more fun. We love the Pokemon in UU more than those in OU, and it is fun, because we're good at it.

Then play OU and you will grow to love them, too! And be the very best like noone ever was! Very Happy

Hm, true. But for that, you need...
3. Time. It takes time to play PO, and most of us don't have a lot of that on hands.

Other than that, I don't even know how to make a OU team besides throwing shit together that works, like Tentacruel, Ferrothorn and Politoed. That's maybe enough for 1350 or so, but that is nothing I would call an achievement.

But when my finals are over, Imma do a PO session with Abe and he's gonna teach me OU while I drag him down to UU ^^ ABE, U IN? Very Happy

If anybody from the UU players completely disagrees with my arguments, just substitute the use of "We" for "I" as in "Mononokel" (duh, there is no i in Mononokel, wtf r u talking about?)

After proofreading my post I realized it sounds like I try to bring a front of "we" up against the kind request of our Clan Leader. That is not the case. I just tried to think myself into other UU players that don't play OU for what I thought maybe similar reasons to mine.

ahogihsodhdjerlasdshguadfh bottom line:

I understand why ppl don't play OU and I realize everybody else does, too, so everything above the bottom line is probably unnecessary.
When my finals are over, I shall give OU a try.
Mononokel
Mononokel
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DelanHaar6 Thu 18 Apr 2013, 23:36

I've definitely noticed the aversion to OU in Hero as well, and after reading this it got me thinking about why I personally don't play OU, or at least why I see it as a more difficult tier to enjoy than LU.

For starters, there's a lot more competition. The sheer number of people that play OU can make it tougher to consistently be successful. There are more opportunities to slip up or get haxed on the way to the top of the ladder.

I also think that, to an extent, it's harder to prepare for all the different kind of threats OU can throw at you. I mean, in theory OU pokemon are OU because they can perform a wider variety of roles better than those in lower tiers, right? This may be because I don't have a whole lot of metagame experience, but it seems to me that trying to combat the various types of weather, stall (which I personally loathe playing against), DeoGar offense, dragonspam and more all at once is a bit overwhelming. People do it, but I never quite got how.

Of course, it could be that I still have a bad taste in my mouth from when I did play OU back in the BW1 era and just never seriously tried to bounce back. To be honest this wouldn't be the right time to do so, but I might be more open to it after AP Exams finish.
DelanHaar6
DelanHaar6
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Fri 19 Apr 2013, 07:27

The easiest way to play OU Is dragonspam. No one will ever bring more than 2 or maximum 3 dragon counters. When I say it is good I speak from experience. OU now is also a much more offensive tier, stall is rarely seen. Teams rely more on offensive synergy than defensive. Also if you play weather it is not a bad thing. Playing it can be very antimeta as there are various types of weather teams that depend upon their weather. Soo yeah I guess that that is enough rambling for now. Expect a dragon spam rmt soon.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Fri 19 Apr 2013, 08:20

Dragon teams are only successful only by the user himself. I've seen Dragon users soar to 1500, but I also seen Dragon users get up to 1300 and stay there. It is difficult considering you have to break down every team and hope that they are standard. It's just like a Baton Pass team, banking for no crits.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down