The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staggering Progression in Hero

+2
Maple Syrup
Photoshop
6 posters

Go down

Staggering Progression in Hero Empty Staggering Progression in Hero

Post by Photoshop Sun 11 Nov 2012, 14:28

Fellow members of Hero,

I believe that our progression as a clan is dwindling. We have less active members than we had before and we have no strong source of movement from becoming an active clan in the community of the Pokemon Online simulator. I ask forth to all of you as to what we need to do to increase our popularity among other members and clans in the community.

I will list the suggestions that I was given:
1. Increase the requirements to 1400 on Ubers-OU-UU and 1350 on NU-LU, disregarding all the fun tiers such as Challenge Cup;

By doing so, we ask for strong members to join the clan than before, as stronger members are also the most active members in the community. However the downfall with this idea is that I have been personally messaged about how high our current requirement is, 1300, and have left the deal off the table.

As a reference, I did some research on other clans that I believe to be the stronger suits of the bunch in Pokemon Online, being IMP, CG, and Xclus (Understanding full well that Eon and MVP should not be overlooked either). IMP being personally the strongest clan on Pokemon Online has a requirement now of 1550, only asking for the strongest of players to join. CG's ranking system is completely diverse and is based on the activity you place on the clan. Xclus has a requirement system that is somewhat of a +1 to where we have it now, however they have about the same number of members currently as we do.

Lastly, I forgot to mention EXO, also known as Extraordinary. They have a requirement of 1150, however they have a large population of people in their clan as of now. However I can be sure that their quality in battles and in speech is not worth our time as a whole.

Therefore, I'm not completely sure if increasing the requirements would do anything to the clan. It can potentially be useful because others will see us in a more serious light, but we currently want to increase our activity in members as a ton of our members are either not as active due to school or have left to dual clan in another system.

2. Clan Wars was once ended by Hero when the founder left and has now been brought back to Hero by Nuub. We would like to encourage people to participate, however there are not enough people at the times that we coordinate these wars for them to be online and represent Hero.

Those are what were brought up to me by Ash but I would like your opinions as well. As a Leader, I want to help with the progression of the clan, however being so busy with School and also trying to apply to be a Pokemon Online Moderator is becoming troublesome. I want the name Hero to grow throughout the Pokemon Community and be remembered.

Thank you all for reading this. I hope to see your responses.

Clare
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Staggering Progression in Hero Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Staggering Progression in Hero Empty Re: Staggering Progression in Hero

Post by Maple Syrup Sun 11 Nov 2012, 14:45

Ok so heres what I'm gonna say.

A clan in a way is like the economy

Lets say that the Rank required to be able to join is like taxes. People don't like high taxes, Less people will join if our recruitment rank is high. We can't raise the bar to be high and then expect lots of people to come to us. Its like if the taxes are high people are mad and when the taxes are low the economy is bad because less money. If we put the ranking to low we will have sh** people coming.

Thats really what I think. Also if we are going to have to recruit by points like that then we have to make sure that our members also have that high. I mean I don't ladder because I like to derp around and have fun more than play competitively, cause I get cheesed often and really bleh doesn't matter much to me. But everyone in the clan should try to get a higher ranking so that way when we ladder more of the higher people notice [Hero] and do tourneys guys, that's were the best people are.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Mon 12 Nov 2012, 07:37

I think we should get rid of people that never ever are seen on the forums or in the [Hero] channel. What is the point of people being in the clan only to never be seen?

If we make the needed points 1400 then we must remove some mebers under the logic that they didn't reach that many points. With that, i think we will lose strong and active members such as Ace and myself( if ace has reached 1400, then I am not aware of it). Also, I think we should allow some people that are disturbingly good but don't reach 1400. A prime example is Nikitas, who is by far the greatest battler I have ever sen all around yethe reached 1400 only recently.

In short, I think 1350 is a good point for someone to start.
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat Mon 12 Nov 2012, 22:39

Lasen wrote:I think we should get rid of people that never ever are seen on the forums or in the [Hero] channel. What is the point of people being in the clan only to never be seen?

If we make the needed points 1400 then we must remove some mebers under the logic that they didn't reach that many points. With that, i think we will lose strong and active members such as Ace and myself
Forgot about me~
Then again I'm not that great... But yeah agreed
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Tue 13 Nov 2012, 06:50

For now, I will be maintaining it at 1300 but I will increase it to 1350 for OU-UU-Ubers and 1300 for LU-NU by the end of November.

Ash said it best, "You have to get your lazy asses up and start recruiting and using your tag names instead of alts. Start playing OU and join tournaments."

Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Tue 13 Nov 2012, 07:57

Forgot about me~
Then again I'm not that great... But yeah agreed

Yeah sorry for thinking that you are better than me at battling Razz

Anyways, I think 1350 for higher tier sounds fair to me.
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 18:49

IMO 1350 isn't that hard to get and 1400s is just a few battles away so i don't see why we are lowering our standards :\

Back to top Go down

Post by Fille Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:32

Does the fact that I were up to 1450 in UU count as the 1400 req?? :3
Fille
Fille
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:34

Everyone would then have to achieve the new requirement. People haven't even met the 1300 requirement yet which somewhat bothers me even though people like to horseplay.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:50

Yeah actually is this just reaching that number once, or being able to maintain that number?
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 12:10

Yes. Some people have not ladder past 1350 however that doesn't mean that they are unable to. We can set a due date for all members of hero to reach 1350s and if not they will be under probation until getting 1350s. With this action, players on the ladder will see Hero members and may increase our chances of getting new skilled members and this act could also help hero gain a better reputation. (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 14 Nov 2012, 13:16

Mind's Motivation wrote:Yes. Some people have not ladder past 1350 however that doesn't mean that they are unable to. We can set a due date for all members of hero to reach 1350s and if not they will be under probation until getting 1350s. With this action, players on the ladder will see Hero members and may increase our chances of getting new skilled members and this act could also help hero gain a better reputation. (:

I'm considering doing this.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Wed 14 Nov 2012, 16:04

What happens to people that dont tho that is what we have to decide, I will try my best to get to 1350 but it might not happen.
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 14 Nov 2012, 17:18

I will put a post in this for those that are affected but I will be asking for everyone to do this by the end of November. If you do not, you will be removed by the position you are in until you can do so, then you will be put the position you belong. For example, Nuub you haven't gotten to 1350, so if you can't do it by the end of November, then you will be removed as a co-leader until you can do it. Then when you've done it, you will be put back in that position.

I am emphasizing this more on the admins and moderators however, because those are the ones that have to maintain a strong streak to represent the clan proudly. The members have gone through the process, some recently, where they are trying to get their alts back to the position they once were before they were added to Hero. But members like PlatinumAce have been here for so long that I have yet to see him exceed our new requirements.
Photoshop
Photoshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down