The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two ideas from seph

5 posters

Go down

Two ideas from seph Empty Two ideas from seph

Post by Maple Syrup Wed 10 Oct 2012, 17:39

Hey guys,

so Seph (if you don't know him meet him he is new) approached me with 2 new ideas and I though that they would be pretty good to help expand our clan. And always quality over quantity

We have a separate clan thing like as seph suggested [Hero2b] or something (discuss a good tag below) and this separate clan tag would be used by people who want to join [Hero] so we have like separate channel for them while they ladder up, and we could have tutors for them to help em get over 1300 and these tutors can evaluate them based on personality and decide whether they would be good in the clan or not. Also we don't just wanna get people who just got over 1300 and go back down because they have trouble keeping 1300.

2:

When someone wants to join our clan including the people being tutored they have to pass a test like a battle in the tier they've been laddering in and win 2/3 against 2 people or a third if it goes 1-1
and then if they are a trainee they just train more and redo a rule for that test would be once a day or something to keep them from just getting in all the time.

those are his ideas basically, just how do they work out with recruiting I do not know very well

-nuub
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Two ideas from seph Empty Re: Two ideas from seph

Post by Afro Smash Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:40

Well it used to be [Hit] for 'trainees' as in Hero In Training
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:58

[HIT] sounds really good
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 10 Oct 2012, 21:34

Number 2 increases the process and restricts the user from joining. Yes we ask for people to have a higher quality of battling but that is a long process just to join a clan. Also, I feel like everyone might be much more busy now with school and this could have been something we could have done over the Summer when everyone had a lot more free time on their hands.

Number 1 was initiated before but I feel as though it would be best just how Seph did it to join the clan or the rest of us when we once joined the clan.

For example for Seph's case, he stayed in the channel on his alt and got to 1300 until he was able to be officially declared a member of the clan. We tried to help him in some ways to get better at the tier he played in but no further battles were necessary to join.

The reason why Golduck and I raised it to 1300 is because everyone and their mothers can get 1250, but we really wanted 1350. Then people complained so we settled for 1300, thinking that everyone is capable of managing that limit.

Another example is my case, where I was at a high level tier of 1370 and Tape asked me to join via PM. That is how I got in and I didn't have to go through the process of a HIT because I was already a good player.

Conclusion, we find users 1300+ who are capable of joining and not being air headed about it or we increase tutoring for users wanting to join the clan in order to help them achieve 1300. HIT would be nice but honestly tutoring is as simple as PM'ing a person and telling them what you are thinking when you spectate his/her match.

Clare
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Two ideas from seph Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Thu 11 Oct 2012, 11:32

My opinion is too find people who already have 1300+ and recruit them, and if we do find some people who we see potential in or they want to get in, then we make the whole [HIT] thing.
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Thu 11 Oct 2012, 15:55

yes i think these are ideas for when we are a bigger clan so that it filters the bad people away
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Eeyore Sun 14 Oct 2012, 04:36

I think the ideas are quite good. But as Clare has also pointed out - a lot of just don't have as much time as we did in the summer holidays. Warpstar being a key example. So, although tutoring would be a very good idea, it is also one that requires a lot of time and effort, something that a lot of us may not have. Smile
Eeyore
Eeyore
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:33

i think that we could make people [HIT] who want to join and make them get to 1300 on their new alt
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down