The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this thing on?

5 posters

Go down

Is this thing on? Empty Is this thing on?

Post by Afro Smash Wed 26 Sep 2018, 19:41

Hello all, I've been going down pokemon memory lane these past few days and man can nostalgia hit like a truck...

I have no idea if anyone still checks these forums, but in case any of ya'll pop back here at some point I just wanted to ask what you guys are up to now and speak about what I've been doing

So I stopped playing properly around ORAS release, and didn't play the actual ORAS SM or USUM games on the 3DS cuz I think I got burnt out on Pokemon in general. I played in an SPL in 2015 I think when some old friends like Wepwn convinced me to join but my heart wasn't really in it and I went like 3-2 or something, after that I would occassionally load up Showdown every few moths but the drive to ladder and teambuild just wasn't there.

Instead I found my competitive drive in a new game, Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U. I got in to Smash after Blunder convinced me to watch the Smash Bros Melee documentary, this got me excited for that scene and Smash 3DS was just around the corner so I pre ordered that (didn't wanna play melee cuz people playing that game had a 13 year headstart on me,,,) and I fell in love with the game. I went on to be one of the best in the UK, rank #7 in 2015, rank #2 in 2017, #3 in 2018 and I'll be rank #6 in the final Power Rankings before Smash Ultimate comes out on the Switch. And ofc I did this all with the Low Tier Character Samus, I just can't seem to escape Low Tiers no matter how hard I try  Embarassed

Work wise I finished my Apprenticeship back in July 2015 and decided to look elsewhere for a job since I didn't find the job interesting and this reflected in my attendance and punctuality Neutral a few months later I got a job in a High School as a Data Manager which involves lots of Excel Spreadsheets and not much interaction with people, which is perfect for me

I'm still with my girlfriend, It was 8 years together back in March. She recently moved about 2 hours away to do a 3 year PhD, that was tough at first but we're doing good now. Still no wedding bells or baby cries on the horizon (at least I hope not..)

So yeah if any of you see this I wanna know what you guys are up to now, so one day I can stumble back here again and no doubt enjoy the read

If you wanna keep up with any of my smash stuff I'm super active on twitter Twitter.com/TheAfroSmash

Heros. *Tips Cap*
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Is this thing on? Empty Re: Is this thing on?

Post by Crobat Sat 29 Sep 2018, 00:32

I always drop back in to browse old forum post. Reminds me of the good ol' days.

As you might recall I quit shortly after Gen 6 came out, though took a few months to quit *formally*. I didn't like certain changes in the games, I didn't like the meta, and I was just kinda burned out. After quitting I wasn't doing much with a lot of my free time. I eventually got back into League, which I had originally quit before getting into competitive Pokemon. I still play fairly frequently, though it no longer occupies the majority of my time like it did in high school or before Pokemon. Most of my time actually went into something else: Smash.

When I first came to college I found out about a local smash 4 scene in Tahlequah. Already being somewhat aware of the smash scene in Oklahoma thanks to Haar, but having never personally attended or competed, I went ahead and gave it a try, attending my first weekly without having actually played the game since the first few weeks of the 3DS release. Since then I've semi-consistently attended 2 weeklies a week for most of the past 2 years, driving an hour to Tulsa to attend their weekly since our local scene is pretty small. I main Mewtwo (cuz, you know, Ubers and Pokemon are kinda my thing). I don't have anywhere near the same peaks as Alan. I'm the second best player in Tahlequah, and I've been on the Tulsa regional PR since it's inception, hovering around the 7-10 range. I've yet to make state PR. I've won a couple of locals and an Arcadian. I haven't been to anything outside of my region. The largest tournament I attended was King of the Springs 2018. Probably my biggest claim to fame is nearly defeating Lima at Super Bit Wars 7 earlier this year. I was the only person outside of finals to even take a game, and one of two people from Oklahoma to ever do so (the other being Chuck Nasty). ESAM, MVD, and the Wall have all recently moved to the state, but due to limited funds and travel time I haven't played any of them in bracket. I'm still a total scrub, but I work to improve, and aim to at least get on state PR and possibly attend my first major when Ultimate rolls around. Most importantly I've made a ton of close friends through smash, and even got to meet Haar at a smash tournament we both attended in Norman. To this day he's the only other person in hero I've met IRL.

I started college in 2016 on an honors scholarship (aka full ride), finishing my junior year this semester. Majoring in CS with a math minor. I took part in a research project over the summer, working with alligator snapping turtles and analyzing turtle populations in the Arkansas river. Made me realize how much I loved biology although it's a bit late to change my major. I somehow became a camp counselor through my manager with the turtle research. I also befriended a professor from RIT, who seems determined to get me to come to New York.

No girlfriend or anything else interesting going on. Mostly just doing school work and playing games. Basically the same shit as when I was still in Hero playing Pokemon lol. I do occasionally log on to showdown to shitpost on ladder, but nothing serious. I don't really use twitter ever but since Alan is shilling his I might as well leave mine: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I use mostly Discord these days. I haven't touched Skype in years. I don't know if that old group chat is still around or active, but if there is enough interest I don't see a reason to not have a Discord server.

I'll leave you guys with a picture of me and a bitey boi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fille Mon 08 Oct 2018, 19:18

Moved around a bit, unfortunately got back into pokemons about 2 years ago due to a drunk incident with a friend and his sister, the consequences being me becoming an LC main. Got back in touch with a few heroes tho so kinda worth it. Uni been treating me nice although rn just wasting a year tbh, hopefully off to England next year :] For now I'll just chill out this year though drink a bit and just like barely pass my classes to make sure they know I give no fucks (granted my lack of attendance probably already gave them a tiny hint).
Fille
Fille
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoNinja Sun 04 Nov 2018, 01:45

Damn it's been a longass time

Quit pokemon a long time ago due to personal shit but dropped by once in a while during ORAS mainly to chat with friends and bond over mom's.

After I quit I went to teaching school and now I'm a full time primary school maths teacher! Rn waiting for my flat to be built so I can move in with my partner and will probably get married before then!

Hope everyone is well, let's chat on discord sometime (even tho I don't frequent it that often anymore)
DracoNinja
DracoNinja
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fille Sat 04 May 2019, 20:30

Is this thing still on?
Fille
Fille
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Sun 31 May 2020, 22:04

Just went through a nostalgia vacation through the forums, I was and still am cringe as fuck, fuck me lmao.
But there have been good times, good memories even though I wasn’t part of this clan for a long time I would remember grinding the ladder with my mediocre gimmicks trying to meet the requirements to get in. Idk who pitied me enough to let me in but thank you hahahahaha. Anyways, this clan brought me in and gave me new friends, and new perspectives that a 15 year old prepubescent me needed in order to be who I am today. Sou, to get things started after I left in about 2014, I went to Uni got my Bachelors in English, and my teaching license and I’ve been working as a teacher’s bitch, I mean aid, for a bit. The master’s degree is coming soon, but either way I’ve got time I’m only 22 this year so ima take things slow. I got a taste of that university freedom and I’m a bit hesitant to let it go but other than that my life after Hero consisted of studying and experiencing life as a Pokemon Online War Vet with a below average ladder rating. Even though I’ve been grinding my studies, I managed to get a girl to hold me down half the degree but being me shit went south quick HAHAHAH. I participated in the Puerto Rican riots, got our governor out of there hella quick. Just living life man, haven’t touched a Pokemon game in a long while, still think Pokemon Online was the best battle simulator ever. Hmm, Idk what else to tell. I think I came back to Pokemon in 2016 and met up back with Fille or someone from Hero and that’s about it for my Pokemon journey. Hope to hear from you all, would love to hear your stories!
Hope y’all are good! Stay inside!
Night
Night
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down