The Hero Clan Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I quit competitive pokemon

+5
Lasen
KyogreF4N
Photoshop
Crobat
Warpstar
9 posters

Go down

I quit competitive pokemon Empty I quit competitive pokemon

Post by Warpstar Tue 29 Jul 2014, 23:45

Whats up guys, it's Warpstar. (Yes, Im still alive)

Sorry about not being active around the hero clan at all, and Id like to thank Quicksilver for bumping my old thread, as I got an e-mail about it.

So I'll share a little story with y'all. Basically, I quit competitive pokemon about 5 months ago. I had gotten back into it, and found a bunch of people at my school who played seriously. One day it was announced on Facebook that the school was having a tournament, going by smogon OU rules. (Perfect!)

I got to the finals of the tournament and was matched up against this kid Tyler. He was not a very good battler, so I was surprised he made it to the finals. Our battle came down to my Mega Scizor vs his Mega Venusaur.

My Scizor was paralyzed and at 70%. He had no moves to hit me with except leech seed.

So, obviously I could just SD and Roost until he was dead. Of course it did not go this way. I got paralyzed 6 times in a row, and lost. He grinned at me and said "GG". He seemed so happy about it.

It's not this individual event that made me want to quit, this was just the tip of the iceberg, the boiling point.

I am sick of random factors ruining this game. There is so much potential for competitive pokemon. I love the prediction aspects of the game, I love double switching and reading my opponent. However, it seems as though random elements always show up and ruin great matches. I'm not even talking about hax that happens to me, I hate to see it happen to my opponents. I don't want to win because my opponent missed a move, I want to win by outplaying them. That is why I was shocked to see Tyler so happy. If I had won a tournament that way I would feel terrible.

So as soon as I quit pokemon, I unfortunately quit on you guys. I think older members know that I was always on here because I loved the game, and I loved discussing it with you all. I didn't come here to discuss my actual life, so without the love of the game I stopped showing up. It didn't help that I was busy and PO crashed every minute on my mac.

I wish that there could be a system where hax can only go so far. For instance if you get paralyzed twice in a row the game decides that it wont happen again, or you cannot miss a 95% move more than once, crit too many times, etc. They made strides my reducing critical hit damage, so I am hopeful.

Anyways, I love competitive games, and I have been getting into Super Smash Bros, as well as Yu-Gi-Oh, as a lot of my friends started to play again.

Maybe I will get over my hatred of hax and come back, i'm not sure. I will be getting Omega Ruby regardless, so I'll see you guys on there.

Sorry for the massive post, and it might seem silly for me to rant about such a subject, but I had to get that off of my chest.
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

I quit competitive pokemon Empty Re: I quit competitive pokemon

Post by Crobat Wed 30 Jul 2014, 00:01

Sad I'm sorry to hear that you're giving up. You're the entire reason that I'm in Hero, and why I bother trying to log on every once in a while. You were my first friend in the clan, and I thank you for it. You made me a better player, and honestly, a better person. I'm gonna miss you, but if you're getting back into Yu-gi-oh, hit me up on DN, names Batlife. Make sure to get new SSB for 3DS, could beat you up every once in a while Wink
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 30 Jul 2014, 00:12

Pokemon is a card game. The thrill of playing your cards perfectly in a sequence demonstrates your skill and knowledge as a player. But behind that wind of skill comes a thread of luck that can either that can push you to victory or back to failure. You might be dealt with the hand allows to you to defend and destroy your opponent simultaneously or be dealt the wrong hand and endure as you wait for the right draw. This was probably the strongest reason for my end of playing Pokemon competitively (although right now I'm "trying " to get back to the swing of things). That and the never ending waste of time that occurs when you hit the top of the ladder over and over again to prove to others that you are a force to be reckoned.

That's just my opinion obviously.

I still play Melee/Brawl and sometimes YGO so we should chat sometime. After all, it's been quite some time.
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
I quit competitive pokemon Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpstar Wed 30 Jul 2014, 00:29

Crobat wrote:Sad I'm sorry to hear that you're giving up. You're the entire reason that I'm in Hero, and why I bother trying to log on every once in a while. You were my first friend in the clan, and I thank you for it. You made me a better player, and honestly, a better person. I'm gonna miss you, but if you're getting back into Yu-gi-oh, hit me up on DN, names Batlife. Make sure to get new SSB for 3DS, could beat you up every once in a while Wink

Wow, thanks so much Crobat, that really means a lot to me. You were always the one of most fun person to chat and play with.

My DN username is Flamingpancake, as is my Nintendo ID. Looking forward to playing some other games with you Very Happy
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpstar Wed 30 Jul 2014, 00:32

Photoshop wrote:Pokemon is a card game. The thrill of playing your cards perfectly in a sequence demonstrates your skill and knowledge as a player. But behind that wind of skill comes a thread of luck that can either that can push you to victory or back to failure. You might be dealt with the hand allows to you to defend and destroy your opponent simultaneously or be dealt the wrong hand and endure as you wait for the right draw. This was probably the strongest reason for my end of playing Pokemon competitively (although right now I'm "trying " to get back to the swing of things). That and the never ending waste of time that occurs when you hit the top of the ladder over and over again to prove to others that you are a force to be reckoned.

I still play Melee/Brawl and sometimes YGO so we should chat sometime. After all, it's been quite some time.

I agree with every you said Photoshop.  I didn't even mention the fact that laddering to prove you are the best is pointless.  I feel like an idiot for spending all of that time trying to prove that I was the best on PO...

Im surprised that both you and Crobat also like Smash and YGO.  Do you plan on getting Smash 4 as well?

Also if you guys ever have a chat be sure to invite me, id be glad to catch up.
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Photoshop Wed 30 Jul 2014, 00:38

Warpstar wrote:
Photoshop wrote:Pokemon is a card game. The thrill of playing your cards perfectly in a sequence demonstrates your skill and knowledge as a player. But behind that wind of skill comes a thread of luck that can either that can push you to victory or back to failure. You might be dealt with the hand allows to you to defend and destroy your opponent simultaneously or be dealt the wrong hand and endure as you wait for the right draw. This was probably the strongest reason for my end of playing Pokemon competitively (although right now I'm "trying " to get back to the swing of things). That and the never ending waste of time that occurs when you hit the top of the ladder over and over again to prove to others that you are a force to be reckoned.

I agree with every you said Photoshop.  I didn't even mention the fact that laddering to prove you are the best is pointless.  I feel like an idiot for spending all of that time trying to prove that I was the best on PO...

Im surprised that both you and Crobat also like Smash and YGO.  Do you plan on getting Smash 4 as well?

Also if you guys ever have a chat be sure to invite me, id be glad to catch up.

There's a Hero chat that's arguably a shit fest from time to time again. We can make a sub Hero chat with the core past/present members.

I'm trying to convince my sis to get a WiiU so I can get Smash (I spent my idc mula on a XB1). Lucina maining.

My Skype is MewSaysNyan. Crobat: s.bryce.potter
Photoshop
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
I quit competitive pokemon Kk9b98x

Back to top Go down

Post by KyogreF4N Wed 30 Jul 2014, 06:22

Bye Warpstar, sadly we didn't know each other enough Sad

I wish you all the best for future ! Very Happy
KyogreF4N
KyogreF4N
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Wed 30 Jul 2014, 10:02

Goodbye Warpstar, you were a true Hero. If you want, add me on DN, my username is LOLasen. I am the best YGO player in [Hero].
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpstar Wed 30 Jul 2014, 12:54

Photoshop wrote:There's a Hero chat that's arguably a shit fest from time to time again. We can make a sub Hero chat with the core past/present members.

I'm trying to convince my sis to get a WiiU so I can get Smash (I spent my idc mula on a XB1). Lucina maining.

My Skype is MewSaysNyan. Crobat: s.bryce.potter

I think I have you guys on skype. You gotta get a WiiU man, it's the shiz! Very Happy Megaman maining.

KyogreF4N wrote:Bye Warpstar, sadly we didn't know each other enough Sad

I wish you all the best for future ! Very Happy

Thanks a lot. Well you like Kyogre so we have one thing in common at least.

Lasen wrote:Goodbye Warpstar, you were a true Hero. If you want, add me on DN, my username is LOLasen. I am the best YGO player in [Hero].

Thanks Lasen and will do. I might have to challenge you for that title Very Happy
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup Wed 30 Jul 2014, 18:57

Good to hear from you Warp, been a while.

It would be awesome to have you on Skype though. I love talkin on there.

I played YGO before and would pick it up every summer, sadly this year I haven't really bothered starting it up this year due to it just lacking any appeal to me at the moment. Maybe sometime in the future I'll pick it up again, it can be quite an exciting and addicting game.

Smash 4, idk I have no Wii U and im not rich enough. Maybe I get the odd job and pick up a copy of it for the 3ds but idk when that would be.

Also Parahax can neck itself Wink

cya round
Maple Syrup
Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpstar Wed 30 Jul 2014, 21:35

Maple Syrup wrote:Good to hear from you Warp, been a while.

It would be awesome to have you on Skype though. I love talkin on there.

I played YGO before and would pick it up every summer, sadly this year I haven't really bothered starting it up this year due to it just lacking any appeal to me at the moment. Maybe sometime in the future I'll pick it up again, it can be quite an exciting and addicting game.

Smash 4, idk I have no Wii U and im not rich enough. Maybe I get the odd job and pick up a copy of it for the 3ds but idk when that would be.

Also Parahax can neck itself Wink

cya round

Good to hear from you too bro.

I'll definitely get in on a chat with y'all when the time comes.

And you're in Canada, so can't you always shovel snow off people's driveways?  That's what I always do when I need money haha Very Happy
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Daybreak Thu 31 Jul 2014, 15:11

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP QUITTING OML
Daybreak
Daybreak
Modding mastr
Modding mastr

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash Thu 31 Jul 2014, 18:39

:[

Can confirm that hax is fuckin gay.

I've got a Wii U and plan on getting smash 4, even tho i'll liekly be horse trash at it, user ID is afro_smash i think.

Farewell sweet prince.
Afro Smash
Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpstar Thu 31 Jul 2014, 22:35

Afro Smash wrote::[

Can confirm that hax is fuckin gay.

I've got a Wii U and plan on getting smash 4, even tho i'll liekly be horse trash at it, user ID is afro_smash i think.

Farewell sweet prince.

Sup bro,

When I get home in 2 weeks ill friend you on Wii U. I am done with competitive pokemonz, but ill gladly smash you guys in other games Wink
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Eeyore Fri 01 Aug 2014, 05:34

never got to see you again warp. Sad( Miss you bro..

Anyway, i'm pretty busy with school and don't really have time to play other games, let alone normal Pokemon so i guess this is the only way i'll be able to contact you for now. :S I wish you the best in luck and life however!

Eeyore
Eeyore
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpstar Fri 01 Aug 2014, 16:40

Eeyore wrote:never got to see you again warp. Sad( Miss you bro..

Anyway, i'm pretty busy with school and don't really have time to play other games, let alone normal Pokemon so i guess this is the only way i'll be able to contact you for now. :S I wish you the best in luck and life however!

Well how is life dude? Aren't you almost done with High School at this point?
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Eeyore Fri 01 Aug 2014, 18:56

Haha, the Australian system's different. I'm pretty much finishing up my last year of college now, then gonna hit up uni. Surprised What about you, where are you now/what've you been doing? :]]

(oh yeah, it's tape in case you don't recognise the name)
Eeyore
Eeyore
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat Sat 02 Aug 2014, 12:03

Afro Smash wrote:I've got a Wii U and plan on getting smash 4, even tho i'll liekly be horse trash at it, user ID is afro_smash i think
If StarCraft 2 is any proof, you will be a truely special piece of horse trash :]
Also, 4everaloneon3DSpoorboynomoneyforcrapywiiPU
Crobat
Crobat
SuperHero
SuperHero

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen Sat 02 Aug 2014, 14:13

Crobat wrote:
Afro Smash wrote:I've got a Wii U and plan on getting smash 4, even tho i'll liekly be horse trash at it, user ID is afro_smash i think
If StarCraft 2 is any proof, you will be a truely special piece of horse trash :]

Baby you will always have me to play Smash with on the 3DS.

Add me as a friend already you lazy Bat..
Lasen
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpstar Sat 02 Aug 2014, 15:17

Eeyore wrote:Haha, the Australian system's different. I'm pretty much finishing up my last year of college now, then gonna hit up uni. Surprised What about you, where are you now/what've you been doing? :]]

(oh yeah, it's tape in case you don't recognise the name)

Well yeah, I knew it was you Tape, all I had to do was see the "get taped" in your bio.

Im entering my 3rd year of college in a couple weeks. This summer ive been working my ass off to get enough money to last me through this school year haha. (And by 'last me', I mean buying tons of video games and other unecessary things.)

Why the name change to Eeyore btw?  Do you like Winnie the Poo?  Laughing 

Crobat wrote:If StarCraft 2 is any proof, you will be a truely special piece of horse trash :]

Well Ill be playing the 3DS version a lot.

Until Wii U version comes out Cool 
Warpstar
Warpstar
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down