Every time I load the page there is a big picture

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Every time I load the page there is a big picture

Post by Knots on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:42 pm

It's a picture of venusaur and I have to scroll a lot just to get to the forum part and then there are more big pictures.

Just reporting the glitch.
Knots
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Re: Every time I load the page there is a big picture

Post by Photoshop on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:07 pm

It's not a glitch. Your screen is too small.
Photoshop
"A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:24 pm

http://prntscr.com/3pg42p

Yeah it looks fine if you have a 1080p monitor like myself. The banner is made to be just under 720p so that if you have a small monitor it still isn't too too big. I guess it is a bit hard to understand if you want to find something stupid to complain about.

Also your guest account does not get full access to the many many topics of the forum. I encourage that you become a member of our clan or even the Heroes in Training section which may or may not be be more suited for your level of play. Then you can gain full/almost full access to the forums and partake in the discussions we have here. 

Thank you for your concern.

REHDWHITEREHD

Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knza on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:45 am

I have 3 displays and the forum looks bad on all of them and all of them have resolutions with over 1000 vertical lines (x1080, x1050, x1024). I would post a screenshot, except you already posted one that illustrates the problem perfectly. It is mind blowing to me that you don't see that as a problem, so I'm going to explain it to you.

A big part of being a disciplined web designer is knowing how to conserve vertical space. Scrolling should ALWAYS be avoided, but on the Hero forums you've made it a necessity by making an oversized image the banner. There is a reason why professional sites never have banners bigger than, say, 300px. You're hiding the content that is actually important to the page on every load.

Think about the fact that every time a user wants to post, they have to scroll past a 700px+ banner in order to see any of the meaningful input fields they loaded the page to see. The same is true of the forum index page. It can't simply be refreshed to see what's new on the individual boards at a glance, you have to scroll down to see that. Your "latest topics" feed on the side does a LITTLE to alleviate that, but keep in mind that you can only see about the first 2 topics on that feed if you haven't scrolled at all.

That extra step, having to scroll just to see any real content, is rotten web design, plain and simple, and you're wasting your entire userbase's time by insisting on a big ass banner like that even if you/they don't realize it.
Knza
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maple Syrup on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:59 am

Actually if you click a topic it takes you to thefirst unread post which does alot to alleviate a problem that no member has ever complained about. In fact they think it is pretty cool and every season we choose which type of banner and background we shcould use.

I thought it was just a glitch.

REHDWHITEREHD

Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top