Gen 6 Threat Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gen 6 Threat Discussion

Post by DelanHaar6 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:37 pm

So with the influx of new crazy pokemon I thought it'd be a good idea to share information on them.

First off, Aegislash - that Steel/Ghost stance changing pokemon that every team and its dog are running. It goes from a default spread of 60/60/150/60/150/60 to an offensive spread of 60/150/60/150/60/60 whenever it attacks, and it can change back with its own version of protect called king's shield. This move also sharply lowers your attack when you use a contact move against it! With shadow sneak, it can essentially swap forms before you move whenever it needs to. It also has swords dance to boost its attack, iron head for STAB, and sacred sword for coverage. Now, it can't run all 5 moves at once (thankfully), but that's quite a handful.

Checks/Counters - so far I've used Hippowdon and Absol to decent effect, with the Hippo being the general tank it is (and having a non-contact SE move) and Absol getting a now-super-effective Sucker Punch and Night Slash. Skarmory also seems like it would do well, with its awesome defenses and ability to phaze or set up spikes.
DelanHaar6
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen 6 Threat Discussion

Post by Maple Syrup on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:40 pm

I agree Aegislash is a monster when it gets set up properly.

To check it I use Rocky Helmet Garchomp who will wear it down slowly and also will survive +2 moves and hurt it with EQ.

Everything else from before is a threat now. Keldeo, Genesect, Thundurus! all those monsters.

REHDWHITEREHD

Maple Syrup
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Aegislash is a huge beast. Don't mess with it.

So... Xerneas... I'm sure we all know it. Fairy type legendary stag... with the best 1 turn set-up in the game. Power Herb+ Geomancy is quite literally the best setup combo in the game, since it is 2 quiver dances in 1 turn. With Xerneas' great bulk, typing, and having decent coverage, it is close to unwallable. I made a team with 3 Pokemon dedicated to stopping Xerneas, and it doesn't end well. It litterally sweeps every team, and very consistently. The best way to deal with it is to have at least 2 of 4 things:
1. Multiple Pokemon who can check it/live a hit after setup
2. A ton of hazards, and a Pokemon that can toxic stall
3. Multiple priority users
4. A Xerneas
Though I would talk about Mega Mewtwo, I find it much easier to deal with than Xerneas. Xerneas is strong enough and consistent enough to possibly justify a ban from Ubers, or at least to have Geomancy banned. We will have to see, but Xerneas is a big problem in Ubers.

Most of the Mega Pokemon are outright overwhelming. The main balancing factors to all of them is the lack of an item, and only being able to have one per team. That doesn't stop most of them from having base stats that make Arceus ill, and having great, and possibly broken, abilities to go with them.

Mega Gengar- It spinblocks, it outspeeds close to everything, it has crazy power, and, to put icing onto it's cake, it has Shadow Tag, one of the best abilities in the game. He's kinda pretty good.

Mega Blaziken- Blaziken was considered op without a large boost to attack, speed, and swag. I don't really need to go into everyones favorite chicken being able to take poke-roids, and go ham on everything in the game.

Mega Mewtwo- No comment...

Mega Lucario- I can live with 140 attack. I can deal with 112 speed. 140 Attack with priority, good setup, decent typing, great STAB, perfect coverage, and adaptability? Yeah, no thanks, take this banhammer, and give me my money back.

Mega Scizor- Why... Just why... CB Scizor is still "better", since it hits harder (sort of), but SD Mega Scizor is... well... I would rather not think about it... too scary.

Of course, there are some Mega evolutions that aren't really broken, and the Pokemon with them will still probably be in "lower" tiers. These Megas are mainly Manectrik and Abomasnow, but most of the megas are kinda overwhelming.

Thoughts?

Crobat
Hero
Hero

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Smash on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:42 am

With Clawitzer and Barbaracle getting Shell Smash, i can see them being pretty huge threats, Barbaracle has a decent movepool, strong attack and Tough Claws, and Clawitzer has a nice Sp Atk, Mega Launcher and a great movepool, they put kabutops and omastar to shame.

A new threat this gen will be my nigga Scolipede, this thing has recieved Speed Boost as an ability and an extra 10 atk, meaning after 1 SD this thing is going to be an absolute monster, and it has basically perfect coverage, all it needs now is gunk shot for a nice long life in OU.

Avalugg is an absolute tank, it can take even STAB se effective hits from things like Mega Blaziken, and it has access to recover and rapid spin, and has base 118 atk, Ice Ground Coverage, despite ice being bad typing, this thing will be very good.

Diggersby, nuff said

Afro Smash
Co-Leader dude
Co-Leader dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasen on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:40 pm

I have a very specific idea in mind, that came to me after I saw Sticky Web.

Honchkrow ultimate sweeper. You simply set up Sticky Web and then use Honchrkow's respectable speed to sweep and get easy Moxie boosts. Galvantula should be a good pair for it, taking on all non-grounded mons and dealing some VERY hefty damage to them with its Dual STAB combo of Bug Buzz and Thunder, and it can set up Sticky Web, too.

You know how this is gonna end,
the same way it always seems to do.
Don't yet know how to deal with what is obviously true;
We are better than you.
Lasen
SuperHero
SuperHero

Back to top Go down

Post by DelanHaar6 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Sounds interesting. A SubRoost variant would work particularly well I think, since many of the OU steels are part bug, steel, psychic or ghost.
DelanHaar6
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top