StallTwo Y is a thing...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

StallTwo Y is a thing...?

Post by Crobat on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:49 pm

According to some guy on Showdown (whom complained about losing to hax after I lost every speed tie with my kyogre and it got crit. Twice) StallTwo Y is more common a set than any other Mewtwo set. I don't even know what this set would exist, considering Mewtwo is bulkier, can use an item, and the extra speed/special attack do very little if your invested fully in bulk.
He had one, thing lived my Genesect's U-turn when it had +1, and I asked him wtf his spread was, and he said "all the pros use StallTwo Y"
Apparently all the pros on showdown smoke pot, but I'd like to know if this is actually a legit thing and why. It worked in that case, because I had no idea it would live, so that's surprise factor, but if it is that common, it loses everything it would normally have. Any other time, for that game, a normal Mewtwo with lefties would have been better, and probably could have won the game for him. If it was a normal Mewtwo with lefties, i would have made a safer play than I did, but it wasn't. Surprise is the only reason it did anything.
Discuss below!

Crobat
Hero
Hero

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Re: StallTwo Y is a thing...?

Post by KyogreF4N on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:25 pm

It gets 2hko every time on offensive Ho-oh while standard stalltwo doesn't, that's all. It's indeed not that better than standard Stalltwo, but yeah its a thing. I remember a guy on PO with this and a Ferrothorn, and i struggled a lot to beat him. He got high with dis, so i guess it's good... SP bulk is also superior, but physical one is shit.

KyogreF4N
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crobat on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

KyogreF4N wrote:It gets 2hko every time on offensive Ho-oh while standard stalltwo doesn't, that's all. It's indeed not that better than standard Stalltwo, but yeah its a thing. I remember a guy on PO with this and a Ferrothorn, and i struggled a lot to beat him. He got high with dis, so i guess it's good... SP bulk is also superior, but physical one is shit.
Based on what you just said, normal Mewtwo is better, since you can run another mega on your team with a stall two, and it takes certain hits better. Plus, lefties are pretty good.

Crobat
Hero
Hero

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiningCrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Loligont on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Basically stalltwo y has better special bulk , can take on support arceus and palkia way better than standard arceus , has more speed with less investment and a more powerful psystrike.

Loligont
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top